Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • russman88
    • By russman88 14th Jul 17, 5:25 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    russman88
    National debt collections ltd
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:25 PM
    National debt collections ltd 14th Jul 17 at 5:25 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have read all relevant threads originating from the 'Newbies thread' and also investigated somewhat similar cases to mine throughout the forum. I am creating a new thread not necessarily for advice but more for reassurance. Two "demand for payment of unpaid parking notice" letters from 'National Debt Collectors LTD' have been received. I have searched the forum and google for previous experiences with this company and have had nothing come up, i then stumbled on their government companies house page which shows they have only been around since 9th of January 2017 making sense of why there is not much on them. The vocabulary used in their letters seems more careful on certain appealable offences so my question is do I treat them as previous debt collectors and just ignore, or do I take a new approach?

I can send scans of the letters upon request.

Kind regards
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jul 17, 5:28 PM
    • 16,570 Posts
    • 20,730 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:28 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:28 PM
    the general advice for private parking charges (not council) is to IGNORE ALL DEBT COLLECTOR LETTERS

ergo , IGNORE (NO MATTER WHO IT IS) , providing its not council pcn,s or similar , ie:- ones issued by an authority need dealing with

private parking firms have no authority whatsoever
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 14th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    • 7,791 Posts
    • 7,885 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky covers all debt collectors completely.

We really don't need more threads on this subject!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    This sounds like a two bit operation with ...

ANTHONY COOPER as Director and Secretary

Who do they act for, one of the low life PPC's ???

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10553947/officers
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 14th Jul 17, 5:44 PM
    • 7,654 Posts
    • 7,914 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:44 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:44 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have read all relevant threads originating from the 'Newbies thread' and also investigated somewhat similar cases to mine throughout the forum. I am creating a new thread not necessarily for advice but more for reassurance. Two "demand for payment of unpaid parking notice" letters from 'National Debt Collectors LTD' have been received. I have searched the forum and google for previous experiences with this company and have had nothing come up, i then stumbled on their government companies house page which shows they have only been around since 9th of January 2017 making sense of why there is not much on them. The vocabulary used in their letters seems more careful on certain appealable offences so my question is do I treat them as previous debt collectors and just ignore, or do I take a new approach?

I can send scans of the letters upon request.

Kind regards
    Originally posted by russman88
    new "boy" on the street , also runs a " Real estate agencies" from the same office https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10518532

and in his spare time "Repair and maintenance of ships and boats" https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10521731 I do hope the stairs are not steep!

having said that , he must be the expert on "bent" photos , as he also offers a "Film processing" service https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10519674

I wont bother listing his other interests ,

that cheered me up ,
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jul 17, 6:04 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:04 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:04 PM
    Well, he will waste his time and money ,,, won't he ???

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 14th Jul 17, 6:10 PM
    • 7,654 Posts
    • 7,914 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:10 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:10 PM
    PS , which parking Co has issued you with invoices ?
    • russman88
    • By russman88 14th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    russman88
    • 14th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    So he's a D*ck of all trades it seems! He's acting on behalf of F1rst parking which I believe are the lowest of the low?

And yes he will definitely not be receiving time or money. He can stick to stealing the odd nude from people's holiday photos!
    • russman88
    • By russman88 14th Jul 17, 11:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    russman88
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:59 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:59 PM
    PS , which parking Co has issued you with invoices ?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    So just to elaborate on this and give it a bit of background, the company who first issued the tickets were F1rst Parking. They have seemed to follow correct protocol, the tickets were first issued attached to the car, they then sent the ntk letter after getting details from the DVLA within the suitable time period, and now they have passed it onto a debt collectors after a few attempts at collecting the fines themselves.

There has been no appeal as of yet and no written or verbal contact with them as after using bmpa it didn't seem necessary with their cases going court at 0 for this year.

There has been a defense built up incase it needs to be used and I can provide what intends to be used on here if you guys request it but the driver at the time hasn't been identified to them and will remain that way!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jul 17, 12:30 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/First_Parking_LLP.html

No court cases in 2015, 2016 AND SO FAR IN 2017

Why break a habit of a lifetime

Small time outfit using tiny small time debt collectors

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 17, 12:38 AM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,185 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They have issued court papers in 2017 now, there is a case being defended on here.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• russman88
    • By russman88 15th Jul 17, 1:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    russman88
    They have issued court papers in 2017 now, there is a case being defended on here.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I shall locate the case and monitor it! Thanks for all your help so far guys
    • JayyD
    • By JayyD 24th Jul 17, 4:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JayyD
    Does anyone have anymore information on this company and the court case that was mentioned before. Couldn't find anything about the court case so any help would be appreciated.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,185 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Search the forum for 'F1rst defence'...easy to find.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• loobylou28
    • By loobylou28 25th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    loobylou28
    Hi,
    I have received 2 x debt collection letters from National debt collections, and also now a notice of intention to prosecute.
    This was for parking in a university car-parking space whilst on a course in May.
    I have been ignoring them but am not sure what to do.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 25th Oct 17, 10:55 AM
    • 7,654 Posts
    • 7,914 Thanks
    pappa golf
    prosecute does it realy say that?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 25th Oct 17, 11:25 AM
    • 7,382 Posts
    • 6,426 Thanks
    The Deep
    This sounds like a two bit operation with ...

As many as that? Share capital £1.00, one director listed, no accounts yet filed.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 25th Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    • 875 Posts
    • 984 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Debt collectors can be utterly ignored. All they do is waste paper.

However, does it REALLY say prosecute? Host pics on tinypics and post a link here. Change HTTP to HXXP otherwise the forum wont let you post the links
    • Inyourpocko
    • By Inyourpocko 20th Nov 17, 7:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Inyourpocko
    I have had a similar letter from national debt collections Ltd this week. I was issued a parking ticket in September from first parking Ltd which I appealed the same week in writing, and heard nothing back. I arrive home this week to a letter from national debt collections for the grand total of £160!! They say no one has received my appeal although I have copies, and they have sent me letters beforehand (no such letter has arrived). I don't know how to contest this seeing as they are adamant my appeal didn't reach them, and whether or not to take the letter seriously or not??
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 4,517 Posts
    • 2,851 Thanks
    KeithP
    Inyourpocko, read the first line of the post immediately above yours.

If you have further queries you are best advised to start your own thread.

Please, no more questions here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,179Posts Today

6,912Users online

Martin's Twitter