Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DiiGiiTAL
    • By DiiGiiTAL 14th Jul 17, 3:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DiiGiiTAL
    New claim, please help! :)
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:33 PM
    New claim, please help! :) 14th Jul 17 at 3:33 PM
    Hello lovely, helpful people. Starting a new thread as advised. I have filled in and completed the acknowledgement of service form and now ready for the defence part.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

xxx
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,185 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    We will, when we see your circumstances, which PPC, what happened (without saying who was driving) whether you have appealed before, AND your draft defence for us to help with.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DiiGiiTAL
    • By DiiGiiTAL 19th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DiiGiiTAL
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    Thank you Coupon-mad! Having now spoken to a solicitor I believe that I will be unlikely to win this.

For better or worse, I chose to ignore all of the letter in the hopes that they would give up. This was the advice that I was largely seeing on various forums (I only found this one more recently, sadly), and this was obviously the wrong tactic, but I made my bed and now I shall sleep in it if needs be.

I am happy to give you what you have for above, but do you think at this stage there is even any point in trying to fight it, given that I have ignored all of the letters.

Many thanks.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 33,302 Posts
    • 17,226 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    It's up to you

Your solicitor isn't an expert in defending claims from ppcs! Hope you weren't charged for that advice
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 19th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    • 7,654 Posts
    • 7,914 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    Having now spoken to a solicitor

most solisitors are good at house convaying but $%ap on private parking ticket laws , hell most would simply pay up bercause they are STUPID on PPC tactics ,

who is the parking Co , , you have failed to reply o CMs post ,
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,185 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    Thank you Coupon-mad! Having now spoken to a solicitor I believe that I will be unlikely to win this.
    Originally posted by DiiGiiTAL
    Why? Don't tell us he said 'the Beavis case makes all parking cases unwinnable'?!

For better or worse, I chose to ignore all of the letter in the hopes that they would give up. This was the advice that I was largely seeing on various forums (I only found this one more recently, sadly), and this was obviously the wrong tactic, but I made my bed and now I shall sleep in it if needs be.
    So do lots of the defendants we help - and we've only seen ONE lose. He just then paid...around £160 - £180 or so, similar to the demand now - so it's a no-brainer to defend most cases unless they are a replica of the Beavis case, an retail park overstay with clear signs with the £100 in large lettering.

Over 99% here win and most also get their costs back, this week someone posted they got £175 in costs at the hearing they won. Normal, here!

I am happy to give you what you have for above, but do you think at this stage there is even any point in trying to fight it, given that I have ignored all of the letters.
    Yes. The solicitor is not an expert on parking law. Tell us more.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,074Posts Today

7,184Users online

Martin's Twitter