Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blackste
    • By blackste 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1,015Posts
    • 724Thanks
    blackste
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017 14th Jul 17 at 3:15 PM
    So after the old thread disappearing, this seems to be the new thread for discussion relating to prolific academy.

Standard rules please. No abusive posts, no flaming. Lets just make some money, and have some fun.
    Last edited by blackste; 14-07-2017 at 6:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
Page 69
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 3rd Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 3,817 Posts
    • 73,796 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Crime survey

Available Places : 341/550
    Avg. Completion Time : 11mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £4.64/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £5.10/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 60mins
    Reward: £ 0.85

Dare I say it, but the studies appear to be coming through again, i've had 5 or so in the last few days
    Originally posted by romanovski
    Did anyone get a completion code for this one?
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 3rd Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    No. I answered "No" to the leading question so maybe that counted as a disqualification. If this is the case, they should have made it a pre-screening question and not wasted our time.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 3rd Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    Smodlet
    To everyone who sent good wishes for Charlie, thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart. Against the odds, the vet can find little evidence of kidney problems (only one out of the three indicators and the least significant one at that) She also took a stomach x-ray and that shows nothing either, nor can she feel anything untoward. His teeth are in a state but anaesthetics at his age are extremely risky so it is on with the appetite stimulants and monitor the situation.

I am sure your "healing kitty vibes" contributed, guys. Please continue to send them to our little, furry dude. Thank you.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 3rd Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    fluffig
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    No. I got a NOCODE.
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 3rd Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 295 Posts
    • 2,268 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    No. I answered "No" to the leading question so maybe that counted as a disqualification. If this is the case, they should have made it a pre-screening question and not wasted our time.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Same for me, just returned as I assume it would be a rejection.
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 3rd Oct 17, 1:12 PM
    • 4,032 Posts
    • 12,389 Thanks
    abba1772
    I answered yes and got the same outcome........contacted the researcher
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 £3572.57 NOW £4531.19
    POAMAYC 2011 £6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 £6825.51 / £6000
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 3rd Oct 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Originally posted by abba1772

It does sound as if it should have been a pre-screening question... It will be interesting to see if we are paid.

No sign yet of the £2 bonus for getting over 75% in the tools/utensils survey. Anyone had that so far?
    • romanovski
    • By romanovski 3rd Oct 17, 2:51 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    romanovski

No sign yet of the £2 bonus for getting over 75% in the tools/utensils survey. Anyone had that so far?
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Still nowt
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 3rd Oct 17, 3:08 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 4,494 Thanks
    AprilLady
    Thanks Merlin's Beard and Smodlet. I would need to go quite a bit further out for it to be worth it, so I'm hoping not to do that unless absolutely necessary!
    My landlord wants to do up the flat over Christmas before selling, so unfortunately there's no wiggle room or the chance of another landlord willing to take me on.
    Thanks for the hug fluffig - much appreciated.

Hope this isn't a stupid question but is there a way of emailing a researcher rather than messaging through the site? I need to attach a photo file but can't see a way of doing it?!
    Originally posted by Mir!
    I've just had a search around and can't a way of doing it either. Maybe send a quick email to Prolific to ask?
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 3rd Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 4,032 Posts
    • 12,389 Thanks
    abba1772

Hi,

Thanks for this. It looks like the female gender quota for this study has now been filled, which will mean that you will be unable to get past that stage and now will be ineligible for the study. Thanks for raising this and sorry for any inconvenience caused
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 £3572.57 NOW £4531.19
    POAMAYC 2011 £6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 £6825.51 / £6000
    • Miró
    • By Miró 3rd Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 5,517 Posts
    • 23,181 Thanks
    Miró

I've just had a search around and can't a way of doing it either. Maybe send a quick email to Prolific to ask?
    Originally posted by AprilLady

Thanks so much for having a squiz and confirming what I found. I have now sent the file to Prolific with my details etc, asked them to forward it on and let the researcher know what I have done. Just hope that sorts it!!
    Earth cannot be flat...if it was cats would have knocked everything off by now
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 3rd Oct 17, 6:09 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Hi,

Thanks for this. It looks like the female gender quota for this study has now been filled, which will mean that you will be unable to get past that stage and now will be ineligible for the study. Thanks for raising this and sorry for any inconvenience caused

So they did not even need to ask a pre-screening question, only to learn how to use the ones we have already answered! And these people have degrees? Give me strength.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 3rd Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Did anyone do the 2 hour study about stocks?

I've just wasted 2 hours. The researcher told me that over 70% of my responses were not recorded, so the study will be rejected. I don't know how as I answered each one.
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 3rd Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 4,494 Thanks
    AprilLady
    I didn't get that one, but how awful for you! I bet you're really frustrated after all that time. Grr.

p.s. So glad Charlie's not got any kidney problems or anything else sinister, Smodlet. You must be so relieved - pets become such an important part of the family, don't they? (My cousin and his wife had a baby this morning and called him Charlie!)
    Last edited by AprilLady; 03-10-2017 at 9:25 PM.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 3rd Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    MLE007
    Did anyone do the 2 hour study about stocks?

I've just wasted 2 hours. The researcher told me that over 70% of my responses were not recorded, so the study will be rejected. I don't know how as I answered each one.
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    Contact Prolific, that shouldn't happen and you should be compensated. Did you get your completion code all OK?
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £4385.09
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 3rd Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Contact Prolific, that shouldn't happen and you should be compensated. Did you get your completion code all OK?
    Originally posted by MLE007
    Yes, I entered the completion code at the end of the study.

The researcher says the study description says that they reject submissions which subjects have missed a substantial number of trials.

So in the case of there being a technical problem with a study, I guess Prolific doesn't require the researcher to pay out. Has anyone had a similar situation with a study?
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 3rd Oct 17, 10:56 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    MLE007
    Not on that sort of scale Marvqn1. If you completed it and it took two hours and you got your completion code I would say PA would probably pay out.
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £4385.09
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 3rd Oct 17, 11:06 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I didn't get that one, but how awful for you! I bet you're really frustrated after all that time. Grr.

p.s. So glad Charlie's not got any kidney problems or anything else sinister, Smodlet. You must be so relieved - pets become such an important part of the family, don't they? (My cousin and his wife had a baby this morning and called him Charlie!)
    Originally posted by AprilLady

Oh, gods, AprilLady! I knew I was tempting fate when I posted that. He has had one tiny drink of water and nothing to eat all day. So much for these appetite stimulants! I'm worried to death and OH is being a complete **** about it. He does not seem to think there is anything to worry about. Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Men!
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 4th Oct 17, 12:54 AM
    • 146 Posts
    • 606 Thanks
    sonicology
    Our cat's appetite (and energy levels in general) picked up a lot after she had a b-vitamin injection, might be worth asking your vet if Charlie would benefit from a similar injection?

I know how distressing it is when your pet is ill; I'm a guy who very rarely cries but I was in tears almost every day when our cat Sophie was very ill a couple of months ago, it's a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone. Really hope that Charlie pulls through, sounds like he is a fighter which is a big asset when battling illness.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 4th Oct 17, 1:01 AM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    Smodlet
    You're an absolute babe, sonicology, thank you for that. I will ask them tomorrow. He has had a couple of mouthfuls of fish, now but he cannot live on that for long; he needs proper cat food. Thank you so much... And real men cry, you know?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,524Posts Today

6,540Users online

Martin's Twitter