Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blackste
    • By blackste 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1,015Posts
    • 724Thanks
    blackste
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017 14th Jul 17 at 3:15 PM
    So after the old thread disappearing, this seems to be the new thread for discussion relating to prolific academy.

Standard rules please. No abusive posts, no flaming. Lets just make some money, and have some fun.
    Last edited by blackste; 14-07-2017 at 6:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
Page 63
    • Felula
    • By Felula 15th Sep 17, 8:15 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    Felula
    After virtually nothing at all for 2-3 weeks, I got onto a £2 study and a £5 study....and couldn't get either to work!! Contacted the researchers but they didn't get back to me in time, so had to return the studies. Gutted
    • Merlin's Beard
    • By Merlin's Beard 15th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 788 Thanks
    Merlin's Beard
    This link will probably help you out: https://www.reddit.com/r/ProlificAc/comments/6ublp9/account_status_unknown/

Probably best to drop PA an email and they will sort it out for you.
    Originally posted by Gunsh0tglitt3r
    Ah, the last time i was flagged maybe that system wasn't in place. It's probably because I heinously logged in on my mobile using someone else's wifi then.
    Grocery Challenge June 17 onward; aim: £100/month; leftovers to date: £8.79
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Sep 17, 12:23 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Available Places : 12/24
    Avg. Completion Time : 4mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 4mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 12mins
    Reward: £ 0.50
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 16th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Available Places : 12/24
    Avg. Completion Time : 4mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 4mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 12mins
    Reward: £ 0.50
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Smodlet you got a survey! Don't go mad now with the earnings.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I know, right? Every time I think about asking Prole Iffy if my account is blocked, I get a survey. It doesn't work if I think about it too often.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 16th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    mikep22
    I know, right? Every time I think about asking Prole Iffy if my account is blocked, I get a survey. It doesn't work if I think about it too often.
    No Survey for me today although I have wracked up a few on Globaltestmarket they are nowhere near as interesting
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 17th Sep 17, 12:06 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Did anyone get a £2 bonus for the study 'How realism affects face perception, attention and memory'. I didn't get a bonus. The study page says you need to get above 75% accuracy for a bonus, which I guess I must have.
    Last edited by Marvqn1; 17-09-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    • Miró
    • By Miró 17th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 5,488 Posts
    • 22,963 Thanks
    Miró
    Did anyone get a £2 bonus for the study 'How realism affects face perception, attention and memory'. I didn't get a bonus. The study page says you need to get above 75% accuracy for a bonus, which I guess I must have.
    Originally posted by Marvqn1

No bonus for me, yet, and I'm sure I got above 75% accuracy
    Earth cannot be flat...if it was cats would have knocked everything off by now
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    No but it's still pending review so have not been paid for study yet.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 17th Sep 17, 5:56 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    I think there were at least two waves of this study as I got at least a day after some others on here. Mine hasn't been paid at all yet. So possibly they are doing all the main payments first and then the bonuses altogether as I think it's a bit fiddlier for them to do those. I definitely got above 75% accuracy as I heard the no noise once and missed one completely but apart from that I think I got the beep noise which presumably meant correct. There must have been over 100 to look at surely so you'd need to get a lot wrong to not get 75%.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Precisely, Mrs Soup. I have seen posts on here where, apparently, autism was not mentioned but the version I did made it abundantly clear that was what it was about... The fact I did not know what one or two of the things were does not make me on the spectrum, all right? Can I help it if I thought something was a plane when, according to the survey, it belongs in a kitchen?
    • Beartricks
    • By Beartricks 18th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Beartricks
    Precisely, Mrs Soup. I have seen posts on here where, apparently, autism was not mentioned but the version I did made it abundantly clear that was what it was about... The fact I did not know what one or two of the things were does not make me on the spectrum, all right? Can I help it if I thought something was a plane when, according to the survey, it belongs in a kitchen?
    There was something on there that looked very vaguely like a kettle, but not like any kettle I've ever seen. I assume that's what it was though. The entire first part of my study didn't work anyway. Half of the pictures didn't show up and I'm sure that I pressed the right key a good few times and still got the wrong noise.

I got the Social Emotions at Work 3 study as soon as I turned my computer on this morning. Just cashed out £25. I've been waiting a couple of weeks for something to credit, and a £5 study and something else just did so I'm back to square one again. Not sure I'll build up my cash as quickly now.

Going back in to the office next week. Need a new smart phone so does anyone have any success doing these surveys on a phone at work? I'd like to keep up with it because it's a good moneymaker but they do sometimes take a lot longer than I'd be able to set aside at work. I used to have a job with tons of downtime and this would have been perfect back then but I think I'll be pretty slammed for the foreseeable future.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Sep 17, 1:11 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Beartricks, maybe ask mikep22 and Mrs Soup if there are any jobs going where they work...

I've just been paid for the £5 one, which I had no technical problems with but no sign of any bonus and I definitely got most of them right, way more than three quarters. Perhaps she will go back through and pay everyone's bonus at the same time.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 18-09-2017 at 1:14 PM.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 18th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Beartricks, maybe ask mikep22 and Mrs Soup if there are any jobs going where they work...
    Mike might be an academic but I'm admin and we don't get the summer off like they do! I am having to be quite careful at work as I share an office with 5 other people so an odd 5 minute survey or one at lunchtime is fine but that's about it on a work day.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    You know that was tongue-in-cheek (in your case) Mrs Soup, I hope?

Mike does seem to be a law unto himself, going home at 3.30 after spending all day doing surveys, tsk, tsk. Seems to me, I got the whole work/life balance thing completely wrong. I never stopped; more fool, me.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 18th Sep 17, 4:42 PM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,389 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I struggle to catch them now I'm working and I'm not full time! I'd say it will be good as I get school holidays off however it seems quiet then

I haven't received the bonus yet either
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Hi, HI. I have so not been dying to say that. Here's hoping we all get plenty, plenty studies very soon and that darned bonus I imagine most of us have earned... I still say it was a small plane; the wood-smoothing kind, not the fly in the sky kind.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 18th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    You know that was tongue-in-cheek (in your case) Mrs Soup, I hope?

Hah! Yes of course.
    • Gunsh0tglitt3r
    • By Gunsh0tglitt3r 19th Sep 17, 3:27 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Gunsh0tglitt3r
    I got a study! Then told me it was for full-time students, which I'm not..
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 19th Sep 17, 6:11 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 535 Thanks
    sonicology
    Here's hoping we all get plenty, plenty studies very soon and that darned bonus I imagine most of us have earned.
    Agreed on both accounts, haven't seen a survey for five days and am also waiting for my bonus payment!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,070Posts Today

8,568Users online

Martin's Twitter