Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blackste
    • By blackste 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1,015Posts
    • 724Thanks
    blackste
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017 14th Jul 17 at 3:15 PM
    So after the old thread disappearing, this seems to be the new thread for discussion relating to prolific academy.

Standard rules please. No abusive posts, no flaming. Lets just make some money, and have some fun.
    Last edited by blackste; 14-07-2017 at 6:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
Page 62
    • Miró
    • By Miró 14th Sep 17, 8:15 PM
    • 5,487 Posts
    • 22,962 Thanks
    Miró
    Blimey, had 5 studies today, including the one with the 'technical difficulties'!! Does this mean the drought is over? Not had a single survey, before today, for the last two weeks. And the Prolific Assistant seems to have returned to duties too.
    Earth cannot be flat...if it was cats would have knocked everything off by now
    • Merlin's Beard
    • By Merlin's Beard 14th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 787 Thanks
    Merlin's Beard
    Technical error study has restarted and researcher sent everyone a message advising them - however, after getting the completion code for finishing it, Prolific won't accept it because I returned the study earlier....!

Have messaged the researcher with completion code, hope he takes pity on me.
    Grocery Challenge June 17 onward; aim: £100/month; leftovers to date: £8.79
    • Felula
    • By Felula 14th Sep 17, 9:34 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    Felula
    Technical error study has restarted and researcher sent everyone a message advising them - however, after getting the completion code for finishing it, Prolific won't accept it because I returned the study earlier....!

Have messaged the researcher with completion code, hope he takes pity on me.
    Originally posted by Merlin's Beard
    I couldn't get into it except through the link on my 'manage studies' so I wasn't sure if I could do it or not - I had returned it too. Ah well, maybe I'm better off not seeing the grisly pictures!!
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 14th Sep 17, 10:04 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 535 Thanks
    sonicology
    It was also teeth-grindingly dull. But can't complain for £5 with a potential £2 bonus.
    Originally posted by romanovski
    I didn't mind it, although towards the end I started to get tired of the repetitive nature of the task and questions.

Did anyone manage to get the £2 bonus? I think I only made 5 mistakes in total, maybe 6 tops but I've received the £5 with no mention of a bonus so either 5 mistakes is too many (which seems harsh) or maybe the bonus payment will be made later?
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 14th Sep 17, 10:27 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 4,494 Thanks
    AprilLady
    No sign of the bonus for me, but I had some technical errors during it - sometimes the item didn't appear til a fraction of a second before the next one, so I didn't have time to press anything!
    • Beartricks
    • By Beartricks 14th Sep 17, 11:49 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Beartricks
    No sign of the bonus for me, but I had some technical errors during it - sometimes the item didn't appear til a fraction of a second before the next one, so I didn't have time to press anything!
    Originally posted by AprilLady
    My entire first section was full of errors. It was only after the first break that it sorted itself out. I actually thought it might have been part of the study to see how you deal with frustration or something. Got the fiver, but it seems unfair to miss out on the £2 because of a badly put together study. Lots of problems on the researchers' end recently.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 15th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I've just done the £5 one seemed to work OK and I am certain I got over 75% so well see about bonus. Have there been lots this morning as assistant was popping up left right and centre while I was doing the long one?
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 15th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Yay! I finally got the £5 one, though I thought I would die of boredom long before it finished. I'm sure I got well over 75% so we shall indeed see what occurs.

That is the only one today, so far but had the 70p one yesterday, so that's a huge improvement on 2 in a fortnight. Please keep 'em coming!
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • creek
    • By creek 15th Sep 17, 12:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    creek
    Hi guys. Not sure if anyone can give me any advice or help on this?

I started on Prolific back in 2016 and it was going well till about March this year. I just stopped getting surveys. I did email them a few weeks ago about this and was told there was a discrepancy in my account and looked like I wasn't in the UK. They've now updated that and said I should start getting studies soon, but still nothing. Has something similar happened to anyone else? Just thinking if there's something else I should do as well. Sorry about the long post, but thank you for reading.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 15th Sep 17, 12:10 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    mikep22
    Yay! I finally got the £5 one, though I thought I would die of boredom long before it finished. I'm sure I got well over 75% so we shall indeed see what occurs.

That is the only one today, so far but had the 70p one yesterday, so that's a huge improvement on 2 in a fortnight. Please keep 'em coming!
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Schools and Unis are starting to wake up now.....
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 15th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 4,782 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Schools and Unis are starting to wake up now.....
    Originally posted by mikep22

Thank you, mikep22!
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 15th Sep 17, 12:40 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    fluffig

I started on Prolific back in 2016 and it was going well till about March this year. I just stopped getting surveys. I did email them a few weeks ago about this and was told there was a discrepancy in my account and looked like I wasn't in the UK. They've now updated that and said I should start getting studies soon, but still nothing. Has something similar happened to anyone else? Just thinking if there's something else I should do as well. Sorry about the long post, but thank you for reading.
    Originally posted by creek
    It has been very, very quiet recently. I had a couple yesterday, but had had nothing for past fortnight.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 15th Sep 17, 1:10 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Mrs Soup

I think your account can get flagged if you go overseas as that happened to me when I went on holiday. Now they have cleared it though you should start getting surveys again but it has been pretty quiet for the last couple of months after a very manic June. It looks as if it may start picking up again now so I would give it a few weeks,
    • creek
    • By creek 15th Sep 17, 1:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    creek
    Mrs Soup, it was odd as I haven't gone abroad so not sure how the issue arose.

I think I'll give it a few more weeks and if still nothing, I think I'll give up and let my husband register. I haven't let him before because we might end up using the same device for a survey so didn't want to risk messing up my account
    • Rev
    • By Rev 15th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 2,997 Posts
    • 2,715 Thanks
    Rev
    Just done my first cash out via circle. Not used circle before so hope it goes smoothly.

£80 extra into the savings account, very happy with that.
    Sigless
    • blackste
    • By blackste 15th Sep 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1,015 Posts
    • 724 Thanks
    blackste
    I think your account can get flagged if you go overseas as that happened to me when I went on holiday. Now they have cleared it though you should start getting surveys again but it has been pretty quiet for the last couple of months after a very manic June. It looks as if it may start picking up again now so I would give it a few weeks,
    Originally posted by Mrs Soup
    Your account can get flagged if you use a VPN as well, as your IP appears to be overseas. Happened to me in July, and i was locked out for a week, due to it not showing on my account page.
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 15th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Mrs Soup, it was odd as I haven't gone abroad so not sure how the issue arose.

I think I'll give it a few more weeks and if still nothing, I think I'll give up and let my husband register. I haven't let him before because we might end up using the same device for a survey so didn't want to risk messing up my account
    We think they are using IP address to identify same household. Earlier this week husband and I both did the same small survey at work when we didn't know what the other was doing. this was OK. But when I did a survey at home and then he tried to start as well it flagged up as same household and wouldn't let him access it so it seems they have picked up on this a bit.
    • juliesg
    • By juliesg 15th Sep 17, 7:02 PM
    • 1,338 Posts
    • 3,617 Thanks
    juliesg
    I've still not had a survey
    • Merlin's Beard
    • By Merlin's Beard 15th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 787 Thanks
    Merlin's Beard
    I've got account status "unknown" appeared on my account page - anyone have a clue what that means?

Still says I'm verified via all the things it should be.
    Grocery Challenge June 17 onward; aim: £100/month; leftovers to date: £8.79
    • Gunsh0tglitt3r
    • By Gunsh0tglitt3r 15th Sep 17, 7:37 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Gunsh0tglitt3r
    I've got account status "unknown" appeared on my account page - anyone have a clue what that means?

Still says I'm verified via all the things it should be.
    Originally posted by Merlin's Beard
    This link will probably help you out: https://www.reddit.com/r/ProlificAc/comments/6ublp9/account_status_unknown/

Probably best to drop PA an email and they will sort it out for you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,432Posts Today

7,876Users online

Martin's Twitter