Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 14th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Bexter8
    PCN envelope on car but no ticket inside!
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    PCN envelope on car but no ticket inside! 14th Jul 17 at 2:53 PM
    I want to appeal a ticket but I don't even know which company is running the parking tickets for the car park. It's Vantage Point car park in Brighton and having googled it there are reviews about unfair £100 fines!!

I read the newbies thread but it says you have to know if the company is registered before doing anything and I don't know how to find out as there's no actual ticket but I'm guessing they think they've ticketed my car since the yellow sticker was on my car empty.

My car had a ticket displayed but it turns out that despite there being a MASSIVE sign seen from the road saying £1 per hour, it's actually £1.50 per hour - it was only noticed afterwards that the ticket was until 12:35 and not 13:35. The car left at 13:27 after pictures were taken of the pay and display ticket which says £3 and the big sign above the machine that says £1 per hour. There is a small sign near the ticket machine but the driver didn't notice as she had her toddlers with her and was being aware of other cars, plus she had already seen the huge sign on the building saying £1 per hour. Apparently the price went up in April so they've had plenty of time to take it down or change it!

Her son ended up having an accident after being at soft play so she was dealing with that as well or actually might have been back earlier and managed to avoid all this hassle! We cannot afford £100!

Please help, how do I go about finding out without giving away my info in case they are not registered, etc?? They have CCTV.
    Last edited by Bexter8; 22-07-2017 at 3:30 PM.
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    Well it was Sussex Security Systems who are now called Parking Solutions, and in the IPC. Coupon Mad with no doubt be along soon to comment and she is local to the area.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    You will have to wait for the NTK in the post next month. DO NOT say who was driving.

I think Vantage Point was Sussex Security Systems, as fisherjim says, and absolute cash-cow for them but not one for you to panic and pay.

Do nothing and come back at NTK stage, providing this isn't a hired/lease car.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 14th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    Thank you, it's my own car so I will wait and let you know what happens next.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    Throughout the advice is to never reveal who was driving

Edit your OP to remove details of who was driving.

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
    • Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 14th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    Thanks Quentin, is it ok now?
    • Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 22nd Jul 17, 10:22 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:22 AM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:22 AM
    NTK is here, shall I just send the template letter or should I include anything about their incorrect (massive sign) with the wrong price as well?
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 22nd Jul 17, 10:31 AM
    • 3,149 Posts
    • 3,413 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:31 AM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:31 AM
    NTK is here, shall I just send the template letter or should I include anything about their incorrect (massive sign) with the wrong price as well?
    Originally posted by Bexter8
    I assume the ticket you received significantly pre-dated your first post? Otherwise for a windscreen ticket the parking company have jumped the gun.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 22nd Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    Originally posted by Bexter8
    If you read up on sending in the template letter you will see that rejection will follow whatever you put in.

The template letter is designed so that you won't be revealing anything detrimental to you, and so that you can show you didn't simply ignore the "invoice"
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 22nd Jul 17, 10:58 AM
    • 10,200 Posts
    • 9,342 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    have you got a picture of the £1 sign?

If not, GET ONE BEFORE THEY CHANGE IT!

It is your golden ticket!!
    • Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 22nd Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    There was no ticket inside the thing left on the car. This NTK implys that was intentional, it says this may be the first notice you are getting as keeper, I knew because the driver told me. I do have a photo of the £1/hour sign which also has the name of the car park above the pay machine.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jul 17, 3:52 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So from the NTK, you can now see it is SSS - or someone else?

Either way remember the golden rule not to imply who parked, no 'me, myself, I'.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 22nd Jul 17, 4:44 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    It is One Parking Solutions. Will try to upload pics of the info on letter, I need to upload them somewhere and link to them apparently.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jul 17, 4:46 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes please show us One Parking's useless NTK! They are not difficult to fight.

• Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 22nd Jul 17, 4:54 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    It won't let me! I've now put images online and inserted links but it comes up with an error as I'm new it won't let me add links in case I'm a spammer. Can I send them to you directly to add please?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 22nd Jul 17, 4:58 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    Change the http to hxxp and paste it in.
    This space for hire.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 22nd Jul 17, 5:00 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    Here are the magic figures. Seems a claim is unlikely.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/One_Parking_Solution.html
    This space for hire.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 22nd Jul 17, 5:31 PM
    • 40,462 Posts
    • 80,845 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    You need to take those images down, and redact the PCN number and your VRN! Do it now!

We also need to see the other side of the redacted PCN as well, plus a pic of the signs.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 22-07-2017 at 6:16 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 22nd Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    Oh god, I didn't notice the numbers were on the back as well - I didn't show the full front side to keep that info hidden! Ooops! Will sort out a front view and made sure all info hidden, thanks Fruitcake!
    • Bexter8
    • By Bexter8 22nd Jul 17, 6:41 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Bexter8
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B566YVH_AwVqYlZJQ1ZtWWFSNUk

hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B566YVH_AwVqVHRiNWVmaXAtMVE
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,436Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin