Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • purplefluffyunicorn
    • By purplefluffyunicorn 14th Jul 17, 2:33 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    purplefluffyunicorn
    My first PCN advice please
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:33 PM
    My first PCN advice please 14th Jul 17 at 2:33 PM
    A week or so ago A drive was in Plymouth, parked up in a fairly empty car park,
    went to pay and discovered the machine wasn't working fully, they needed to pay by card but it wasn't having it,they were running late for a client meeting ( travelled up from Cornwall) tried the second machine and still wasn't playing ball, the driver had no cash on them as was hoping to get some once had parked up and walked to a cash point, luckily a kind gentleman gave them some loose change, he didnt have enough to cover the time that wasI needed, but it was a help, they paid up and went, as thought time overran and was around 15 mins late back to the car, the car park was still fairly empty, the driver saw the camera and though f*****! went to the machine to see if I there was any way of buying another ticket to shut them up, but nope wasn't working,
    Today has got a Parking Charge Notice in the post, £85, they simply cannot afford this, not even the £50 if paid up within a few days, the driver would have happily got the full ticket if the machine had worked, but it wasn't,
    Do Ithey still have to pay this? What happens next?

(edited to add this has come from Britannia Parking, and not sure how to refer too the driver or the keeper confused there sorry)
    Last edited by purplefluffyunicorn; 14-07-2017 at 4:12 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    First, edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people as far as anyone is concerned.

Once you have done that, please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the relevant first appeal template you will find there.
    I can't tell you which template because you haven't given the name of the parking scammers.

No of course you shouldn't pay a scammer.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 14-07-2017 at 8:08 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 3:36 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,477 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:36 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:36 PM
    Why didn't you cover your numberplate when driving out?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• purplefluffyunicorn
    • By purplefluffyunicorn 14th Jul 17, 3:51 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    purplefluffyunicorn
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:51 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:51 PM
    because I didn't think of that... will know that next time!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,477 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    Just seen it's only Britannia. LOL!

Easy to beat, follow the NEWBIES thread, pay nothing.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• purplefluffyunicorn
    • By purplefluffyunicorn 14th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    purplefluffyunicorn
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    I take it they are awful? I have read through my head is hurting at mo so not fully taking everything in, but the letter that would work has the wording:
    ***I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.***

Drivers reason though was the machines were not working would I change this too reflect that or what? I am confused
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    Don't worry about this.

Just send the blue text appeal in the newbies faq thread as it stands
    • purplefluffyunicorn
    • By purplefluffyunicorn 14th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    purplefluffyunicorn
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    even if it doesn't match fully? (see my reply above yours?)
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jul 17, 5:06 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:06 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 5:06 PM
    most companies fail on signage , so you challenge them on each and every legal point regardless of the circumstances

you only have to win on one single point , no matter what it is , they have to win on all points for a slam dunk win

so even if the machines are faulty , that template covers all the bases , not just one , ignore it at your peril

and when you write a post , its not like this

I am the keeper , I am the driver , I parked without paying for a ticket and I have now received a pcn in the post due to me not observing the rules and not ringing the company and me not paying for a ticket over the phone using RINGO. I am to blame and I should be hung , drawn and quartered after begging forgiveness for this ultimate sin.

the words "me , myself and I" are (or should be) banned !!

because they act as a witness statement for the claimant

tell the story as if I was the driver and you are the keeper , like this

I am the keeper , the DRIVER parked without paying for a ticket due to faulty machines and as KEEPER I have now received a NOTICE TO KEEPER (NTK) pcn in the post
    or words to that effect , so you are telling a story as a third party observer , not as a first party participant , so more like BEATRIX POTTER telling a story about peter rabbit
    Last edited by Redx; 14-07-2017 at 5:13 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 6:18 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    even if it doesn't match fully? (see my reply above yours?)
    Originally posted by purplefluffyunicorn
    Yes

(My post #7 was in reply to the one above it from you - #6!)
    • purplefluffyunicorn
    • By purplefluffyunicorn 15th Jul 17, 7:41 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    purplefluffyunicorn
    I edited the post to match, but thees no editing the title and no deleting option either
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,477 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The title is fine.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin