Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skye_
    • By skye_ 14th Jul 17, 1:28 PM
    • 65Posts
    • 15Thanks
    skye_
    Reassessment backdated pip
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:28 PM
    Reassessment backdated pip 14th Jul 17 at 1:28 PM
    Hi, I had a pip reassessment which I'm now awarded mobility where I wasn't before. My question is, when do they back date that money to.. when I filled in the update form thing? F2F? Or when the person made the actual decision?

Thanku x
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 14th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 15,039 Posts
    • 21,370 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    Hi, I had a pip reassessment which I'm now awarded mobility where I wasn't before. My question is, when do they back date that money to.. when I filled in the update form thing? F2F? Or when the person made the actual decision?

Thanku x
    Originally posted by skye_
    It is backdated to the date of your claim, I believe.
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 14th Jul 17, 4:10 PM
    • 12,147 Posts
    • 18,021 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:10 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:10 PM
    it won't be from the start of the claim, it will be from the date you completed the renewal
    • skye_
    • By skye_ 27th Jul 17, 10:49 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    skye_
    • 27th Jul 17, 10:49 AM
    • 27th Jul 17, 10:49 AM
    it won't be from the start of the claim, it will be from the date you completed the renewal
    Originally posted by nannytone
    Just FYI, this is incorrect. It's the date that the new decision was made.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 27th Jul 17, 12:42 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 27th Jul 17, 12:42 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 12:42 PM
    Just FYI, this is incorrect. It's the date that the new decision was made.
    Wrong because in my case when i had my review last year i was backdated to before the decision was made. I went from Standard to Enhanced mobility and my backdated money was almost £500. If i can find the letter i'll update my post with the date it was backdated to. I had a call from the DM asking me when the changes happened, i answer his question to being several months before (same as was what put on the review form).
    Edit for dates, yes just as i thought i had backdated money from the time they sent me the review form which was mid July and decision wasn't made until Novemeber.
    Last edited by poppy12345; 27-07-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    • skye_
    • By skye_ 27th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    skye_
    • 27th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    That's strange!? They're saying I will get no backdated payment as it's only been awarded from the decision date?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 27th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 27th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    That's strange!? They're saying I will get no backdated payment as it's only been awarded from the decision date?
    I remember someone else said exactly the same a few weeks ago, maybe they've changed it now. I can only tell you how it was for me. I have the letter of award notice right here.
    • easy
    • By easy 27th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 2,643 Thanks
    easy
    • 27th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    I might be wrong about this, but I think it's different for new applications, and renewed applications.

New applications, once the award is made, the payment is backdated to the date the application is first made. If they give a decision which is then improved on appeal, the improved decision will be backdated to the date of the application.

But if you are re-assessed as part of a routine renewal, then the changed award will only take effect from the decision date - because until they actually re-assessed you, you were being paid the correct amount for the knowledge they had about you.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 27th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 27th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    I might be wrong about this, but I think it's different for new applications, and renewed applications.

New applications, once the award is made, the payment is backdated to the date the application is first made. If they give a decision which is then improved on appeal, the improved decision will be backdated to the date of the application.

But if you are re-assessed as part of a routine renewal, then the changed award will only take effect from the decision date - because until they actually re-assessed you, you were being paid the correct amount for the knowledge they had about you.
    Originally posted by easy
    Nope in my case you are wrong. My PIP was a review not a new claim. I was backdated to when they sent me the review form.
    • easy
    • By easy 27th Jul 17, 6:32 PM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 2,643 Thanks
    easy
    Nope in my case you are wrong. My PIP was a review not a new claim. I was backdated to when they sent me the review form.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    oh, ok then. In that case I sit corrected.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 27th Jul 17, 6:40 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    But the OP "skye" was backdated to the date of the decision so it may well have changed now, i have no idea.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,303Posts Today

7,239Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin