Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jazzy
    • By jazzy 14th Jul 17, 12:01 PM
    • 842Posts
    • 192Thanks
    jazzy
    Broadband without a Contract?
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:01 PM
    Broadband without a Contract? 14th Jul 17 at 12:01 PM
    After receiving a terrible broadband service and another price increase with Virgin Media I have finally had enough. Today I terminated my services with Virgin Media with a 30 day notice.

I am due to move into a new property within the next few months so I don't want to get a new contact with a new provider until after the move.

What options do I have to maintain an internet service? are there internet providers who provide a service without a contract? If so any recommendations?
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 14th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 18,381 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    They all require a contract, but I imagine you mean you want a provider that offers a 30 day contract?

If so, Now TV and Plusnet offer them. There are probably a couple of others as well.

Depending on your usage, you could also look into mobile broadband.

• MrJones1
    • By MrJones1 14th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    MrJones1
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    Tentel also offers a 30 day contract. Mobile internet could be a good solution. Giffgaff has a "Always On" bundle. For £20 a month you get 6GB data at full 4G speed. After you exceed the 6GB limit you will have a reduced speed of 256kbps from 8am to midnight. But from midnight to 7.59am you will have full data speed. Three has a "all-you-can-eat data" bundle. However they have a TrafficSense algorithm that will restrict your internet usage after you have reached around 1000GB every month. The price is £25 a month.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    Tentel also offers a 30 day contract. Mobile internet could be a good solution. Giffgaff has a "Always On" bundle. For £20 a month you get 6GB data at full 4G speed. After you exceed the 6GB limit you will have a reduced speed of 256kbps from 8am to midnight. But from midnight to 7.59am you will have full data speed. Three has a "all-you-can-eat data" bundle. However they have a TrafficSense algorithm that will restrict your internet usage after you have reached around 1000GB every month. The price is £25 a month.
    Originally posted by MrJones1
    Unless things have changed Giffgaff might advertise as 4G speed but the cheap sim only deals at least are anything but.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,155Posts Today

7,220Users online

Martin's Twitter