Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • laura_lindsay
    • By laura_lindsay 14th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    laura_lindsay
    Flight changed 24 hours forward and No Notice!
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    Flight changed 24 hours forward and No Notice! 14th Jul 17 at 11:46 AM
    Hi. We are just back from what should have been our 10 day holiday.
    We drove to manchester from scotland last sunday 2nd for what we thought was our 6am monday 3rd july flight. To be told at check in it had changed to 6am tuesday 4th july..

Thomas cook had informed on the beach of this change previously bit unfortunatley on the beach did not inform us..

Where do we stand with compensation? Has this happened to anyone and what was the outcome?! I have emailed them but im curious as to where this cpuld go! It caused so much hassle and disappointment..
    They did put us in a hotel but i think they kind of had to.. we are a family of 5 2 adults 3 boys 12 10 and 2.

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 14th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 4,708 Posts
    • 2,085 Thanks
    Vauban
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    Hi. We are just back from what should have been our 10 day holiday.
    We drove to manchester from scotland last sunday 2nd for what we thought was our 6am monday 3rd july flight. To be told at check in it had changed to 6am tuesday 4th july..

Thomas cook had informed on the beach of this change previously bit unfortunatley on the beach did not inform us..

Where do we stand with compensation? Has this happened to anyone and what was the outcome?! I have emailed them but im curious as to where this cpuld go! It caused so much hassle and disappointment..
    They did put us in a hotel but i think they kind of had to.. we are a family of 5 2 adults 3 boys 12 10 and 2.

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by laura_lindsay
    Someone asked an almost identical question about two posts below yours.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 14th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 10,848 Posts
    • 7,076 Thanks
    Caz3121

Where do we stand with compensation?
    https://gettingthedealthrough.com/article/5586/carriers-liable-when-agents-fail-relay-cancellation-info-ecj-rules

It is a shame the airline will be penalised because you had a bad travel agent. (I am guessing it was OTBs details they had as the contact details) I hope they can counter claim from them (or maybe airlines will stop allowing these agents to sell their flights)
    • laura_lindsay
    • By laura_lindsay 14th Jul 17, 1:38 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    laura_lindsay
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:38 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:38 PM
    Hi. Well in my eyes it's not Thomas Cooks fault.. its most definitely on the Beach fault and they have also admitted they are at fault as an agent let everyone know about the flight change apart from ourselves..
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 14th Jul 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1,511 Posts
    • 1,025 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:47 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:47 PM
    Didn't you check in online, or log into your booking at any time to check for changes? You should do this regularly even when booking direct. TCX conditions even state

"We will inform you of any significant changes to your flight as soon as we become aware of them (see
    section below: 'Changes made by Thomas Cook Airlines prior to travel'). If flight times change significantly, we will send a revised confirmation itinerary to the email address or postal address that
    you gave at the time of booking. If you booked through another travel agent, all communication will be sent to that travel agent. However it is your responsibility to reconfirm all flight details at least 48 hours prior to departure by viewing your booking itinerary online using our 'Manage Booking' facility on this website."

You've nothing to gain by booking a flight with OTB, apart from hassle because they aren't a particularly stellar OTA.
    • laura_lindsay
    • By laura_lindsay 14th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    laura_lindsay
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    Didn't you check in online, or log into your booking at any time to check for changes? You should do this regularly even when booking direct. TCX conditions even state

"We will inform you of any significant changes to your flight as soon as we become aware of them (see
    section below: 'Changes made by Thomas Cook Airlines prior to travel'). If flight times change significantly, we will send a revised confirmation itinerary to the email address or postal address that
    you gave at the time of booking. If you booked through another travel agent, all communication will be sent to that travel agent. However it is your responsibility to reconfirm all flight details at least 48 hours prior to departure by viewing your booking itinerary online using our 'Manage Booking' facility on this website."

You've nothing to gain by booking a flight with OTB, apart from hassle because they aren't a particularly stellar OTA.
    Originally posted by leylandsunaddict
    Yes everything was confirmed 24 hours.. even on the morning of monday 3rd july my online travel status still said the flight was that day! All my documents everything was all upto date.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 14th Jul 17, 2:25 PM
    • 10,848 Posts
    • 7,076 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:25 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:25 PM
    Yes everything was confirmed 24 hours.. even on the morning of monday 3rd july my online travel status still said the flight was that day! All my documents everything was all upto date.
    was that on the Thomas Cook website? or OTB
    If you book through an agent you should be given (or ask for) the reference number to use on the operating airline's website
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 14th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    • 1,511 Posts
    • 1,025 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    On the airlines website? I doubt it was showing the wrong flight date. You've got to check your booking on the operating airline site. The booking reference would have been on your email from OTB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,018Posts Today

7,369Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks

• Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• Follow Martin