Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BMS8765
    • By BMS8765 14th Jul 17, 11:19 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BMS8765
    3rd Party Writes off my car.
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:19 AM
    3rd Party Writes off my car. 14th Jul 17 at 11:19 AM
    Hello,

My luck at the moment is awful.. I'm going through an insurance claim due to a taxi door swinging open into the path of my drivers side mirror. This incident happened on the 1st of July and the 3rd party is not accepting liability so it is going to potentially go on for months.

On the 10th July i then had another third party speed into the back of my car whilst parked (I was not in it) and completely written it off. He has just bought the car off of me but is not yet signed over.

My 1st incident needs an outlay to back me up if it were to reach court, can the car be signed over yet to the third party involved in the second incident? Or will i need to hold onto it to have it written off officially in relation to the 1st incident. I had originally asked the garage to leave out some damage due to it writing off my car as i was still derivable but after this i may as well have it written off for the outlay.

This is all very frustrating and confusing!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 11:39 AM
    • 33,595 Posts
    • 17,476 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:39 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:39 AM
    How big was the claim for the mirror?

Was your write off valuation impacted by the broken mirror?
    • BMS8765
    • By BMS8765 14th Jul 17, 12:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BMS8765
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:02 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:02 PM
    Yes i have a W reg 1.4 golf so not worth much. The total damage also included my drivers side window as it was also damaged.Originally i said to ignore window but following the 2nd incident i have nothing to lose now.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 14th Jul 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 3,093 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:19 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:19 PM
    Am I missing something here ?

You had your wing mirror damaged on 1st July and you're expecting your car to be written off because of this ?

Someone then runs up the back of your car, writes it of (again ?) and subsequently agrees to buy it ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

5,981Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin