Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lisamrie
    • By Lisamrie 14th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Lisamrie
    Claim form-county court business centre
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    Claim form-county court business centre 14th Jul 17 at 10:32 AM
    I have received a claim letter via Gladstone solicitors on behalf of uk car park management.

So far I have ignored all correspondence, I have done this as the pcn (invoice) was received in a residential car park where no revenue is being generated. Everyone I know who has received these invoices have ignored them but now I am unsure as to whether I should respond. I don't see how I can be fined if no revenue is being lost.

I am thinking of just ignoring this letter too as this is simply a processing centre and their letters look like copies of an original

Any advice welcome
Page 4
    • MrsG2711
    • By MrsG2711 29th Aug 17, 4:32 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    MrsG2711
    My username changed and this caused confusion, I though best start again
    • waamo
    • By waamo 29th Aug 17, 4:37 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    I can understand why you started a new thread, however it is best to stick to one. It allows everybody to quickly see what has already been advised so it avoids a lot of repetition. Something I imagine you would want to avoid too.
    This space for hire.
    • MrsG2711
    • By MrsG2711 29th Aug 17, 4:39 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    MrsG2711
    what should I do for the best.?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 29th Aug 17, 4:41 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    Bargepole has the answer.

Please ask one of the Board Guides to merge this with your existing thread
    Originally posted by bargepole
    This space for hire.
    • MrsG2711
    • By MrsG2711 29th Aug 17, 4:42 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    MrsG2711
    LOL, Oh no, I thought I was doing so well! I now feel like I did when at school. I always got lines back then

Please ask one of the Board Guides to merge this with your existing thread, then go and write out 100 times "One case, one thread".[/QUOTE]
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 29th Aug 17, 10:39 PM
    • 9,594 Posts
    • 6,995 Thanks
    Crabman
    Your threads have been merged
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Aug 17, 12:59 AM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK - so now bumping your post, for others to see tomorrow:

I am getting ready to write up my witness statement regarding a parking ticket where the tenant has parking for herself and visitors written in her starter tenancy agreement, but have a few questions:

1. Can I reference verbal information supplied by tenants if they offer their name and address?
    2. Do the courts recognise the possible conflict of interest in the Directors of Gladstones solicitors and the IPA being the same, although it seems that there were changes in May 2017 but my ticket was issued before this change.
    3. I have requested boundaries of the parking area that is supposed to be patrolled as I believe the place I was ticketed is not in the jurisdiction of the parking company, I have written to land registry for confirmation and the housing, is there anywhere else I can get this information from?
    4. In my defence I asked if I could add to it at a later stage as I was not in possession of all the facts. I now have a circular that was sent to the tenants from the parking company letting them know that they are now 'managing' the car park, it does not even say who they have been instructed by. This is surely proof of breach of tenancy agreement as the housing trust did not even write to tenants introducing the parking company. Additionally, just for kicks, I also have photos of the parking officer, blocking the entrance/exit whilst ticketing, proving that he has no regards for the rules he is there to enforce.

Any comments/suggestions welcome
    Originally posted by MrsG2711
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MrsG2711
    • By MrsG2711 30th Aug 17, 4:08 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    MrsG2711
    Thank you Coupon-mad,
    I'm not sure whether to bring the photos to the attention of the housing now or wait until I send my witness statement.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Aug 17, 5:59 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can I reference verbal information supplied by tenants if they offer their name and address?
    No, hearsay is pointless. Get them all to sign & date their own witness statements, even if they can't attend court with you, the weight of numbers of evidence and WS (to accompany your own) will help you.

Do the courts recognise the possible conflict of interest in the Directors of Gladstones solicitors
    Some court areas have marked their card, e.g. Skipton and Manchester are good!

I have requested boundaries of the parking area that is supposed to be patrolled as I believe the place I was ticketed is not in the jurisdiction of the parking company, I have written to land registry for confirmation and the housing, is there anywhere else I can get this information from?
    I would have thought you could buy the definitive map from the LR online in minutes, for £3.50 - you don't write letters to LR, it's too slow. Try to get this now, this week.

I now have a circular that was sent to the tenants from the parking company letting them know that they are now 'managing' the car park, it does not even say who they have been instructed by. This is surely proof of breach of tenancy agreement as the housing trust did not even write to tenants introducing the parking company. Additionally, just for kicks, I also have photos of the parking officer, blocking the entrance/exit whilst ticketing, proving that he has no regards for the rules he is there to enforce.
    Good, include it all in evidence, and the photos, and the other residents' WS, and any other evidence like the transcripts of PACE v Noor, Saeed v Plustrade, and the Jopson v Homeguard appeal case transcript, and show us your draft WS.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• MrsG2711
    • By MrsG2711 30th Aug 17, 9:14 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    MrsG2711
    I have obtained info from land registry website but it is not clear, the parking area has properties on either side of the carpark both showing the same boundary.

The tenant has requested this information from the landowner who have said they will look into it. They should know the boundary/area they asked to be patrolled, but they may not want to offer the information
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 31st Aug 17, 6:19 AM
    • 1,686 Posts
    • 3,086 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    just for kicks, I also have photos of the parking officer, blocking the entrance/exit whilst ticketing, proving that he has no regards for the rules he is there to enforce.
    AFAIK blocking is a criminal matter under the Protection of Freedoms Act. Perhaps the HA should be informed and the individual removed from post before the matter is reported as a criminal matter.

It will be an offence to clamp, tow, block-in or immobilise a vehicle without lawful authority on private land under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • MrsG2711
    • By MrsG2711 31st Aug 17, 8:41 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    MrsG2711
    I was wondering whether I should send these to the landonwner now or wait until i send my witness statement to the court
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would send stuff to the landowner/MA now, and ask for that map/boundary or for them to confirm that there is no defined site boundary (in which case how can they have instructed/contracted with a parking firm?!)

By doing this now, you might get a useful reply in time for your WS (and other people's WS, start gathering those too) that can be used in evidence.

• MrsG2711
    • By MrsG2711 5th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    MrsG2711
    I received a response back from the landowner regarding the incriminating photos but they didn't seem to care. They said they have passed them on and the parking company will speak to the warden. They ignored my request for their escalation process but I will not leave it there.

I wondered if I am permitted to request the claimants evidence as they have seen my defence?

The landowner also said that basically the parking company patrol the whole area. I have re read the circular/letter that the pc sent to the tenants and it references acess and emergency areas only, therefore does not correspond to their signage.

I hope the court see the complete shambles in how both the housing and parking company run their businesses
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You will get to see the evidence when they send their WS and you will send your evidence too.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

1,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin