Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lisamrie
    • By Lisamrie 14th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Lisamrie
    Claim form-county court business centre
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    Claim form-county court business centre 14th Jul 17 at 10:32 AM
    I have received a claim letter via Gladstone solicitors on behalf of uk car park management.

So far I have ignored all correspondence, I have done this as the pcn (invoice) was received in a residential car park where no revenue is being generated. Everyone I know who has received these invoices have ignored them but now I am unsure as to whether I should respond. I don't see how I can be fined if no revenue is being lost.

I am thinking of just ignoring this letter too as this is simply a processing centre and their letters look like copies of an original

Any advice welcome
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 10:38 AM
    • 32,115 Posts
    • 16,205 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:38 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:38 AM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Read up now on how to deal with court claims

If this claim is from the court DO NOT ignore it
    • Lisamrie
    • By Lisamrie 14th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lisamrie
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    Thank you,
    It is not a court claim but from a processing centre who deal with admin only.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 11:01 AM
    • 32,115 Posts
    • 16,205 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:01 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:01 AM
    Is it from Northampton CC Business centre?

If not, give us the full name and address who it is from
    • Lisamrie
    • By Lisamrie 14th Jul 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lisamrie
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:10 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:10 AM
    Yes, based at st Katherine's house
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 32,115 Posts
    • 16,205 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    That is a court claim. You must take action!

Read up the newbies faq thread as #2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    • 48,285 Posts
    • 61,766 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    Thank you,
    It is not a court claim but from a processing centre who deal with admin only.
    Originally posted by Lisamrie
    It's a claim.

For goodness sake read the NEWBIES thread post #2 and acknowledge it and learn how to defend and most likely, win and see it off for good.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• lisamarie2711
    • By lisamarie2711 18th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lisamarie2711
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    In regards to this, should I request a copy of the contract that CPM parking has with the Housing Trust who own the land where this ticket occurred. Apparently the car park is for emergency services only yet some people have parking rights in their tenancy agreement!

I know there is an ongoing dispute with the residents and Housing as 'drop off and pick ups' should be allowed and covered in the contract with CPM parking.

The stroppy woman in the housing office said 'WE won't be cancelling your ticket as parking is for private residents use, which contradicts it being for emergencies only and surely this is unfair. How can some residents have parking and others not?
    • lisamarie2711
    • By lisamarie2711 18th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lisamarie2711
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    ps. this was originally posted under lisamrie but for some reason i have had to start another account as i was unable to login to my previous on
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th Jul 17, 7:05 PM
    • 1,736 Posts
    • 2,061 Thanks
    waamo
    In a word yes. A copy of the contract may be illuminating. Also check what your lease says.

Above all read the Newbies thread until it sinks in.
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 14,789 Posts
    • 18,598 Thanks
    Redx
    this is definitely a court claim, the processing centre is where they all start life , so do not IGNORE it

and yes , you can do a part 18 request for all sorts of info from the claimant , but the first thing you do is acknowledge online , then you have 28 actual days to draft up and submit a defence, so get these done asap , dont wait for info back from the claimant , as you might get nothing at all

this is a live court claim, defend it

read post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

than look at other recent court claim threads on here from this year ONLY

get an idea of what they are doing and do the same

and dig out your lease , check the wording , especially about parking (it may say nothing at all , or very little , so that is important too)

ps:- you cannot be "fined" , these companies cannot "fine" anyone

they can send out invoices for alleged contractual breaches

and they can issue court claims for the same reasons
    Last edited by Redx; 18-07-2017 at 7:11 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • lisamarie2711
    • By lisamarie2711 18th Jul 17, 7:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lisamarie2711
    Thankyou for you messages, I have sent an AoS online.

I do not live in the place where the ticket was issued my niece does. The residents are in uproar as family and friends are getting fined even if they are 'dropping off'

I shall request a copy of the contract and see if this is covered.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    • 14,789 Posts
    • 18,598 Thanks
    Redx
    in that case you need a copy of her AST lease agreement , to see what rights visitors have about parking, if any

and read the JOPSON case about "dropping off" , plus read the relevant Code Of Practice about GRACE PERIODS too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • lisamarie2711
    • By lisamarie2711 19th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lisamarie2711
    There is so much info on here, and i am new to this site but how do i find the Jopson case about dropping off. i tried searchig under username but nothing returned.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 17, 6:04 PM
    • 48,285 Posts
    • 61,766 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not under username. Miss Jopson wasn't a poster here, she was a defendant in the news. We have threads about it.

Search this board for 'Jopson Charles Harris QC' or Google 'Jopson Parking Prankster Charles Harris QC'.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th Jul 17, 6:05 PM
    • 32,115 Posts
    • 16,205 Thanks
    Quentin
    Google jopson v homeguard or enter it into the forum Search
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin