Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 14th Jul 17, 10:07 AM
    • 556Posts
    • 356Thanks
    diamond dave
    phone line & BB in new house
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:07 AM
    phone line & BB in new house 14th Jul 17 at 10:07 AM
    Moving into my 1st property next week. Current owners are with TalkTalk for line, BB, and mobile. What do I have to do as I don't want to set up a contract with TT but go to Plusnet or another provider.Advice please.
Page 1
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 14th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 2,754 Posts
    • 1,895 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    Ask the current owners to do nothing.

Contact tour chosen provider and they will arrange everything. It's called a working line takeover.

Again I stress to tell the current owner to do nothing, you DO NOT want them to call TalkTalk to cease the service, otherwise it will be weeks before you can get connected with whoever you decide to go with.
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 14th Jul 17, 10:43 AM
    • 556 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    diamond dave
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:43 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 10:43 AM
    I think that it might be too late! They are moving out on Monday. will get in touch with they today.Thanks.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 9,441 Posts
    • 3,858 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    Dont forget your gas and electric supply .
    Register with the current supplier then you can swap .
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 14th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    diamond dave
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    Spoke to the vendor today and he's said that he's transferring Talk talk it to a property in wales!! Have tried talking to Talk Talk and they are a nightmare - can't make them understand a thing. Someone out there must know how she can sort this out, please. I am tearing my hair out over this. PS. Just tried speaking to PN and they aren't very helpful, either just said to ring them when she moves in.
    • MurkySurfy
    • By MurkySurfy 14th Jul 17, 6:13 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    MurkySurfy
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:13 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:13 PM
    You just go to any provider you want, tell them you want a new line. Keep note of the phone number of the old Talktalk line.
    Once you moved in, check the dial tone and find out the new phone number given. You can find out by dialling 17070. If it's the same old Talktalk number then the previous owner's move hasn't finished or it could mean that is your number now.
    If you received a call from an engineer, make a note of engineer's name and phone number.
    If you are billed for a new line, tell them that there was an existing phone line and to check. Tell them to check engineer's notes and persists until you can get the charge refunded.
    • cajef
    • By cajef 15th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 3,513 Thanks
    cajef
    • 15th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    Moving into my 1st property next week.
    Originally posted by diamond dave
    Someone out there must know how she can sort this out, please.

either just said to ring them when she moves in.
    Originally posted by diamond dave
    Bit confused as to who is actually moving in, first you say I am moving in now it appears to be a third party 'she'.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 15th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    diamond dave
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    Actually,it's my daughter - as if that makes any difference.
    • LazyTyper
    • By LazyTyper 15th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    LazyTyper
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    What is the actual problem?

As other have advised, just call your chosen supplier and set up an new account once you/your daughter have moved into the property. This has nothing to do with the previous occupiers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,433Posts Today

9,281Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin