Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dr Manhattan
    • By Dr Manhattan 14th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dr Manhattan
    New build - warranty issue
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    New build - warranty issue 14th Jul 17 at 9:35 AM
    Morning all,

Me and my partner moved into our Crest Nicholson built property 25th July 2014.

We now have an issue with a window frame in one of our little girls rooms meaning the window will not close, and there is a tiny crack in the wood by the handle that moves when you try to close it.

We have contacted Crest and been directed to call Munster who were the ones that installed the windows and they are saying our 3 year warranty has now expired, however they are stating their warranty started from May 2014, when the house wasn't completed and we hadn't moved in - which doesn't seem right or fair? Does anyone have any experience of dealing with this?
Page 1
    • Furts
    • By Furts 14th Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 2,168 Thanks
    Furts
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    The problem sounds minor, and may just be case of adjustment. But nobody can say without further details.

With regard to Crest, I would guess you have a NHBC warranty with Crest being responsible for the first two years. What did you sign up to when you purchased?

A typical scenario would be you are outside the warranty period, and there is little point contacting Munster. I say this because you have no contract with them. Your contract is with Crest.
    • The Reynolds
    • By The Reynolds 14th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    The Reynolds
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    How much £ will the repair cost you ?

Best to get a window repair company in to quote for that fault and while there have a look at all the other windows as other faults may be lurking.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,043Posts Today

5,272Users online

Martin's Twitter