Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mummyofboys1985
    • By mummyofboys1985 14th Jul 17, 9:18 AM
    • 36Posts
    • 2Thanks
    mummyofboys1985
    Bankruptcy approved
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:18 AM
    Bankruptcy approved 14th Jul 17 at 9:18 AM
    So that's my bankruptcy been approved but what can I expect now? I know OR will call, how does that go? Will I receive something in writing also?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Mistygrove
    • By Mistygrove 14th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Mistygrove
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    I was approved on a Monday.
    Phone call the Wednesday. He spoke to me there and then. Took 28mins exactly.
    Asked me how I'd got in to debt. Went through each debt and explained a few that he asked about. (What and why I had spent !)
    Tried to find out any assets I have (I have nowt!)

He sent a few bits of paperwork that needs signed and returned.

I had to send credits cards letters, bank statements and tenancy agreement. Just what I had. I didn't go searching for years worth of stuff.

Few calls few days later re: holiday I had booked and refund was available. He saw this as an asset so he wanted it cancelled and the money sent to him.

I was stressed for few days. But over nothing. I'm one month into mine and just counting down days until discharge.

Bank acc was frozen 3 weeks later. It was closed they gave me cash for the few quid in there.
    Went across road opened a new one with other bank.

All sorted for now

Good luck x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,197Posts Today

6,864Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin