Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Firsthome
    • By Firsthome 14th Jul 17, 8:01 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Firsthome
    Delayed exchange/completion!! R.e redemption statement
    • 14th Jul 17, 8:01 AM
    Delayed exchange/completion!! R.e redemption statement 14th Jul 17 at 8:01 AM
    Hi
    Hoping someone has some advice!
    All week exchange has been delayed. Our vendor realised on Wednesday that the redemption figure was incorrect so we are waiting for the correct figure to be faxed over to his solicitors. We are meant to be competing today!!! My solicitor is still aiming to be exchange and complete today. (Dependant on redemption statement)

Can the vendors solicitors not jus ring up the vendors mortgage lender and ask for the figure over the phone or is a paper version needed? It has taken so long to get to this point and the vendors solicitors are shocking at being available for my solicitor to speak to!

I'm at my whits end with It all!

P.s sorry for the rant
Page 1
    • ThePants999
    • By ThePants999 14th Jul 17, 8:06 AM
    • 710 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    ThePants999
    • 14th Jul 17, 8:06 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 8:06 AM
    I'm afraid there isn't really a "supposed to" complete date until you've actually exchanged :-). My sympathies, though!
    • G_M
    • By G_M 14th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    • 40,113 Posts
    • 45,824 Thanks
    G_M
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    You do not yet have a Completion date as you have not Exchanged.

Any plans you've made (removals? day off work? contractors?) are premature.

Yes, the redempion figure will need to be in writing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,444Posts Today

8,523Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin