Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 14th Jul 17, 7:35 AM
    • 921Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    fredandwilma
    The Happy Chatty Smart Meter Thread
    • 14th Jul 17, 7:35 AM
    The Happy Chatty Smart Meter Thread 14th Jul 17 at 7:35 AM
    As i'm feeling in a playful mood, I thought i'd add yet another smart meter thread onto the energy board.

Is anyone else happy with their smart meter system?

We all read about the negatives on here, but i haven't experienced any negatives other than the potential loss of functionality.

It will be interesting to see what ToU tariffs have to offer, in the future.

Post your positive experiences here. As with most things, we only hear the negatives?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Page 1
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 14th Jul 17, 9:09 AM
    • 227 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:09 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:09 AM
    In my old property , I have had electric and gas smart meters supplied by BG for years. They became "dumb " when I switched to EDF and Eon in the quest for cheaper deals but regained smart reading facility on return to Sainsburys Energy and later BG..Back to dumb now though on a No Standing Charge tariff with Ebico for a vacant property which BG were charging £15 a month standing charges.
    All in all , no big deal if they went dumb for a while, then smart/dumb again..
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 14th Jul 17, 1:00 PM
    • 921 Posts
    • 1,255 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:00 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:00 PM
    In my old property , I have had electric and gas smart meters supplied by BG for years. They became "dumb " when I switched to EDF and Eon in the quest for cheaper deals but regained smart reading facility on return to Sainsburys Energy and later BG..Back to dumb now though on a No Standing Charge tariff with Ebico for a vacant property which BG were charging £15 a month standing charges.
    All in all , no big deal if they went dumb for a while, then smart/dumb again..
    Originally posted by House Martin

That's exactly how i view it. It's something i now take into consideration, and i prefer to stay with the system and supplier i have, but equally, it's just one of those things you accept?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 14th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 14th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    Mine are dumb at the moment, after my move from SP to EON and ZOG. However, I have the IHD next to my PC. So handy for keeping my spreadsheet up to date and for giving my weekly readings.

I am a gadget person, so like very much.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,153Posts Today

9,261Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin