Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 14th Jul 17, 6:10 AM
    • 2,815Posts
    • 37,943Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Friday 14 July 2017
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:10 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 14 July 2017 14th Jul 17 at 6:10 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 14 July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Wet underfoot and raining here.

Dinner last night was pork escalopes with pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce for the menfolk, I had caponata - made from aubergine, peppers, onions, courgette, mushrooms, broc, tom puree, red wine vinegar, balsamic and soy sauce, had that with cous cous - was really delish and there's a portion of each in the fridge for a meal today. Dinner tonight for the menfolk will be breaded chicken portions, chips and beans, I'll have either the LO's from last nights' meal or I may make a shepherds pie, I'll be making enough to make couple spare to put in the freezer, they will be ok for me to eat whilst on the diet, menfolk not overly keen on shepherds pie, so I'll have those when they have something that's not really diet friendly.

I wasn't particularly productive yesterday and didn't really achieve much, and today I have a couple of jobs to do, so I'll just get done what I can, I must do the ironing at some point though, I'm working tomorrow too, so lose the morning. I did strip and remake our bed, bed linen all washed and line dried, also did did 3 loads of washing which all got line dried too. Menu planned and wrote shopping list for today.

I'll just potter along getting done what I can.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 14-07-2017 at 6:32 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • elf06
    • By elf06 14th Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 15,128 Thanks
    elf06
    Jackie O - what a lovely thing to do!
    Tru - I don't know your story but I have a 'difficult' dog myself and I am SICK of people and their comments! Unfortunately today was not a great day for us and our afternoon walk was somewhat stressful

Today started well - DS tidied a path to his window in his room as we have someone from Green Deals coming to assess our windows and doors (if anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know as I'm not totally sure if its a good idea or not) and he decided he was making pea & ham soup for dinner tonight so set about popping all the ingredients in the SC. I decided some homemade rolls would be a good idea so I set about making them! First dog walk of the day went well despite a couple of unexpected dogs 'upsetting' my poor boy and after that I managed to get the rest of the wallpaper off the bathroom ceiling (I know!!! WHO has paper on the ceiling *sigh*)......Then it all went a bit wrong ........window people rescheduled not once, nor twice but THREE times (each reschedule involved 2 phone calls so I felt like I'd never been off the phone), our afternoon dog walk was very stressful AND I've lost the screw part for the bathroom light!! Grrrrrrr.
    Trying to be positive, as I do, the doglet is now snoozing happily, I'm munching scrummy ginger biscuits and having a brew and I might even get a little bit of tidying done before window man arrives.......

Heres hoping nowt else goes pearshaped!!

ETA - thanks for the welcomes back lovelies
    Emma

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 14th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    • 9,689 Posts
    • 104,533 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Is it really Friday already? I seem to have lost a couple of days, just been that busy.

GP has given Mr LW Prednisolone to take for 5 days (at 8 tablets a day, all to be taken just after brekkie) then he has a two-week hiatus and then has to go for a lung function test.

Huge amount of blackcurrants picked at the PYO and turned into jam. Thankfully we have Mr LW's grandmother's old jam cauldron, which is gi-normous!

Vast amount of black dog-hair removed from carpets; this will be replaced by yellow dog-hair when my next guest arrives tomorrow morning.

Currently trying to summon up enough energy to cook *something* for dins (gods know what; I'll decide once I reach the kitchen).
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 14th Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    • 3,844 Posts
    • 30,672 Thanks
    Floss
    Please can people keep fingers crossed for dry weather in Liverpool this afternoon - I'm going to my baby brothers graduation after he completed his OU degree and PGCE at the age of 45 and I want some nice photos for my family rogues gallery
    Originally posted by Floss
    Thanks for all the crossed fingers & good wishes - it all went fabulously and our parents would have been so proud of the way he's stuck at it and achieved his goal

However, I had been a bit uncomfortable & fidgety all day and realised, when I just changed out of my smart clothes, that the bra I was wearing wasn't underwired (have no idea how I managed to buy 2 non-wired bras as have worn them for 25+ years and my 34DDs need the support!), which explained everything... I felt so much better when I changed it!!
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 14th Jul 17, 7:18 PM
    • 15,258 Posts
    • 123,985 Thanks
    JackieO
    Thanks everyone for your good vibes ,as I am at DDs I decided to get my shopping tomorrow instead of today.

My son-in-law is cooking us all haddock and chips for dinner at the moment bless him he is a good chap.DD saw her own GP this morning and has got a list of surgeons to pick from to get her op done ,Hope she doesn't have to wait too long before treatment .
    Just going to have a cheeky glass of wine with DD to toast her Dad

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,586Posts Today

7,516Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin