Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Irish345
    • By Irish345 14th Jul 17, 1:08 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    working tax Credit question
    • #1
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:08 AM
    working tax Credit question 14th Jul 17 at 1:08 AM
    I recently got employed in march but only found out about tax credit i was unemployed all last year so my annual income was £4114 most came from job seekers and some from job if by next year my annual income says 12,000 will i have to pay an over payment as its over 2,500 more.
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 14th Jul 17, 7:36 AM
    • 10,599 Posts
    • 6,934 Thanks
    • #2
    • 14th Jul 17, 7:36 AM
    • #2
    • 14th Jul 17, 7:36 AM
    yes, there is information on your award notice about contacting them with changes.
    Initially award will be based on previous years income (£4,114)
    contact them and advise of your estimated income for this year (£12,000) they will then recalculate your award based on an income of £9,500 (the first £2,500 increase is ignored)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,833Posts Today

9,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

  • WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See RT

  • RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

  • Follow Martin