Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • malmesbury
    • By malmesbury 13th Jul 17, 11:59 PM
    • 261Posts
    • 377Thanks
    malmesbury
    Quick question.. what is paid off first on barclay credit card?
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:59 PM
    Quick question.. what is paid off first on barclay credit card? 13th Jul 17 at 11:59 PM
    I'm just wondering if someone could clarify if I am right!?

We ve had to buy an emergency works van and the savings pot wasn't quite up to it...
    We have about 500 ish on my husbands credit card but an offer of 0% money transfer into bank account. If we did this, when I repay the card each month, what will be repaid first? Would it be the 500 that has interest on the cash transfer?

Many thanks in advance
    Sep...H barclaycard: £240.. 0% til Mar 2018 .
    Tesco CC £2079.80....0% til Oct 2018.
    L barc layard £3047...0% til Oct 2018
Page 1
    • Dribiddi
    • By Dribiddi 14th Jul 17, 12:21 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Dribiddi
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:21 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 12:21 AM
    Any payments made to credit cards go towards the highest rate of interest portion of the debt to the lowest. So you could have £500 from a 0% balance transfer not being touched for the period of 0% if you have higher interest spends on the card running along side that are never fully cleared
    Last edited by Dribiddi; 14-07-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,640Posts Today

7,326Users online

Martin's Twitter