Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OneYorkshireLass
    • By OneYorkshireLass 13th Jul 17, 10:02 PM
    • 2,935Posts
    • 43,932Thanks
    OneYorkshireLass
    Furniture Village - Dune Sofa
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:02 PM
    Furniture Village - Dune Sofa 13th Jul 17 at 10:02 PM
    I'm looking for anyone who has purchased a Dune sofa (the regular one, not the sofa bed).

Ours has just been delivered - it's got quite a saggy bottom . The store say this is normal, but it looks like we've had it for years! Every time you stand up from it the fabric is all bunched up and creased, like there's too much of it in each cushion.
    Does anyone else have this issue?
    #TeamCarter
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th Jul 17, 8:41 AM
    • 15,528 Posts
    • 11,314 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 14th Jul 17, 8:41 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 8:41 AM
    Stop using it .
    • askmeaboutsofas
    • By askmeaboutsofas 14th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    askmeaboutsofas
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    Did you order online or did you see their model in store first? The sofa you ordered should look like the one in the shop / on their website, and the online photos don't look saggy to me! How long since it was delivered to you?
    • OneYorkshireLass
    • By OneYorkshireLass 14th Jul 17, 3:08 PM
    • 2,935 Posts
    • 43,932 Thanks
    OneYorkshireLass
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:08 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:08 PM
    Did you order online or did you see their model in store first? The sofa you ordered should look like the one in the shop / on their website, and the online photos don't look saggy to me! How long since it was delivered to you?
    Originally posted by askmeaboutsofas
    Delivered a week ago. But it has looked like this from the moment it was first used (and no-one in the house weighs over 10 stone, so they can't say there's too much weight on it)
    I ordered from the store, and nope the one in store didn't look like the one we have at all.

The store have said they'll send a technician. Not holding out too much hope, but we'll see ....
    #TeamCarter
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1,911 Posts
    • 3,001 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    it's got quite a saggy bottom . Does anyone else have this issue?
    Originally posted by OneYorkshireLass

I'm in Yorkshire and suffer from this issue - can you send the technician round if he has a fix
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 14th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    • 26,090 Posts
    • 33,073 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    Look and see if they have twitter or facebook accounts. From what other people say online entries on these seem to bring results.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • OneYorkshireLass
    • By OneYorkshireLass 14th Jul 17, 3:54 PM
    • 2,935 Posts
    • 43,932 Thanks
    OneYorkshireLass
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:54 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:54 PM
    Look and see if they have twitter or facebook accounts. From what other people say online entries on these seem to bring results.
    Originally posted by peter_the_piper
    It seems they don't allow posts on their FB account. (Says a lot, I suppose)

Their Twitter just told me to wait for the technician. Fair enough I suppose, but I asked if they had a complaints department and never got a straight answer.
    #TeamCarter
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 14th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 26,090 Posts
    • 33,073 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    Oh well, it usually works, seems they have it tied up for their benefit.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter