Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • On my bike
    • By On my bike 13th Jul 17, 9:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    On my bike
    Sorting out Andrew estate
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:28 PM
    Sorting out Andrew estate 13th Jul 17 at 9:28 PM
    Hi
    I'm trying to sort out my Dad's estate. Very small and not too much to do but there are some payments to Aviva that I have no paperwork for. When I rang them they couldn't trace any policy and I was passed around various departments but nobody seem to help. Any ideas how to trace what the payments were for?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 13th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 2,959 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    Hi
    I'm trying to sort out my Dad's estate. Very small and not too much to do but there are some payments to Aviva that I have no paperwork for. When I rang them they couldn't trace any policy and I was passed around various departments but nobody seem to help. Any ideas how to trace what the payments were for?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by On my bike
    Usually the payments from the bank will have a reference. Have you told the bank so that tha ccount(s) are frozen to prevent any more payments being made?
    • TBagpuss
    • By TBagpuss 14th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    • 5,867 Posts
    • 7,618 Thanks
    TBagpuss
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    Also, freezing the account may trigger an automatic letter from Aviva to your dad asking why they are not getting paid!

Have you written to Aviva? In my experience writing often gets a better response than phone calls, plus most big organisations have targets about speed of response etc.

If you write, give the details of the amounts, and dates, and any reference shown on your dad's bank statements. Keep a copy of the letter you send
    • Novice investor101
    • By Novice investor101 15th Jul 17, 10:02 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Novice investor101
    • 15th Jul 17, 10:02 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 10:02 PM
    Ask the bank for the originator code for the payments. Then call Aviva with that code, asking to speak to the lost policies team. It will tell them which dept within Aviva is getting the money & should go from there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

444Posts Today

3,834Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin