Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RandomRaven
    • By RandomRaven 13th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    RandomRaven
    Missing data from TalkTalk
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    Missing data from TalkTalk 13th Jul 17 at 9:01 PM
    Hello all,

I am asking for advice on behalf of my mum. She recently agreed a new sim only deal with TalkTalk and was offered 1.5GB a month of data, just recently she recieved a text saying she had used her entire 700MB allowance and will now be charged £1 for every 50MB of data used.

We queried this with an agent who acknowledged she was offered 1.5GB but said that the agent did not apply this correctly at the time and the best they can do is add 350MB to her allowance. We obviously countered that this is not acceptable as it still leaves her 450MB short.

It has now been raised a complaint and we are awating a reponse. Obviously at the very least I believe the correct amount of data should be provided but would this be grounds to cancel the contract?
    Ideally I think she should change networks as this is not the first issue she has had.
Page 1
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 13th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 9,173 Posts
    • 8,617 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    It's an interesting question, since the mobile operators often quote a "verbal contract" when asserting contract terms over customers, so it really should work the other way around.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 14th Jul 17, 7:52 AM
    • 7,409 Posts
    • 2,304 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 14th Jul 17, 7:52 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 7:52 AM
    If they quoted that to me it wouldn't matter. Generally, contracts do not have to be in writing. Proof of what was said, however, is another thing altogether.
    • RandomRaven
    • By RandomRaven 16th Jul 17, 9:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RandomRaven
    • 16th Jul 17, 9:42 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 9:42 PM
    There is no dispute from their end about what was offered, just a frustrating inability to action a simple solution. They simply need to make the relevant person aware who can adjust the allowance to the correct amount.

Instead they said they will raise it as a complaint and be in contact within 48 hours to resolve (which has not happened). I suppose it is just classic inept customer service and I just want a place to vent about it.
    Ulitmately it is a cheap contract and may well not be worth the hassle of chasing since my mother's usage is typically only around 300-400 Mb anyway.

Thank you for your advice guys
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,338Posts Today

6,946Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin