Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AMH3
    • By AMH3 13th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    AMH3
    Remove dent from privacy glass ?
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    Remove dent from privacy glass ? 13th Jul 17 at 8:44 PM
    Hi, I've just discovered stone chips on my rear passenger side window, its privacy glass so is very noticeable. Just wanted to know if this can be repaired, they are only about pin head size two of them but stand out on the black window. Would glass polish bring them out or would I end up with a big clear patch. Anybody else had same and found a solution? I did dab a black marker on one which hides it slightly from the outside but looks like a black spot from the inside.
Page 2
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 15th Jul 17, 12:17 AM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 960 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    But it's not a dent - it's a chip.

OP could simply have said " Sorry you are all correct it's a chip"

I only looked at this thread because I couldn't understand how glass could be dented

(EDIT that's because I didn't understand what OP meant)
    Originally posted by Manxman in exile
    You mean you read through two pages, and then had an eureka moment? Really?

Sometimes I'm tempted to be a pedant. Occasionally I even start typing a reply, but then I self edit and think, no it's not necessary. The intent is obvious.

I hope you feel suitably empowered. Once you read the first post, it was obvious it was a chip. It was obvious to me too. I had the same question in my mind. Difference was I didn't feel I needed to feel superior.

Different strokes, and all that...
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 15th Jul 17, 5:37 AM
    • 10,692 Posts
    • 6,982 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Come on people, it's school holidays.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 15th Jul 17, 9:06 AM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 1,114 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    ....... yeah, leave it, unless you've got a chip on your shoulder - or should that be a dent?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,443Posts Today

8,344Users online

Martin's Twitter