Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • clearingout
    • By clearingout 13th Jul 17, 8:08 PM
    • 3,141Posts
    • 6,375Thanks
    clearingout
    Accidentally clicked buy it now. Now what?
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:08 PM
    Accidentally clicked buy it now. Now what? 13th Jul 17 at 8:08 PM
    Was looking at an item and was thinking about putting it on my watch list. Unfortunately I hit buy it now. I didn't pay and closed ebay down. Googled what to do and went back in - I believe it should be in purchase history? But it isn't. Can anyone shed any light? I am looking to purchase said item when I have had the opportunity to look at all the options but for now, don't want it.

Thanks
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 10,892 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    Do you want the item you have clicked to buy or not? If not, message the buyer and ask to cancel.
    • clearingout
    • By clearingout 13th Jul 17, 8:34 PM
    • 3,141 Posts
    • 6,375 Thanks
    clearingout
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:34 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:34 PM
    I would if I could see it! Should it be under purchase history?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    • 10,892 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    If you haven't paid it won't be in your purchase history if it was a BIN.

If you've added it to your basket or opted to purchase but pay later (not a BIN with IP) then you should have it in your basket.
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 17th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 1,190 Posts
    • 1,480 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    It doesn't sound to me like you actually bought it - usually you have to confirm the address and payment method etc even after you have clicked buy it now.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Huskydays
    • By Huskydays 18th Jul 17, 2:16 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    Huskydays
    • 18th Jul 17, 2:16 PM
    • 18th Jul 17, 2:16 PM
    After clicking the 'buy it now' button you're taken to the payment and confirmation page.
    If you went through the payment confirmation (and clicked the 'confirm and pay' button), the purchase will appear in your summary page.
    If you didn't go through the payment page and haven't clicked the confirm and pay button - then you haven't bought it now so there's nothing to worry about.
    A witty saying proves nothing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin