Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • getmeouttahere
    • By getmeouttahere 13th Jul 17, 8:06 PM
    • 194Posts
    • 43Thanks
    getmeouttahere
    Purchased van 5 days ago - ESP/ASR/ABS fault
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:06 PM
    Purchased van 5 days ago - ESP/ASR/ABS fault 13th Jul 17 at 8:06 PM
    So purchased a van through work which was picked up 5 days ago. It's a 2013 Peugeot Partner Automatic which was bought from a trade seller in Oxford and delivered to me in Lancashire.

Today is the first time I've really drive the van and on two separate journeys, the van as displayed faults. The first time it just said ABS System Fault and the second time it displayed an ESP/ASR fault and then alternated to an ABS fault again.

I am sure this would be covered under the 3 month warranty but the seller has set up a warranty with a third party provider, so do I contact the warranty company or do I contact the trade seller in the first instance?

I've also emailed the seller asking for the service history which he didn't send with the van but he's not yet responded to that request.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th Jul 17, 11:42 PM
    • 25,723 Posts
    • 10,222 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:42 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:42 PM
    You take the van back to the seller unless they have a closer branch or allow you to take it somewhere closer to yourself.

Beware them saying they will pay the bill after you sort it. Quite a few posts saying they have not paid up.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Turn to Grey
    • By Turn to Grey 14th Jul 17, 2:47 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Turn to Grey
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:47 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 2:47 PM
    Was the van purchased in a B2B or a B2C context ? In a B2B contract, your rights may be different than a consumer contract.
    Started my job at the bottom and liked it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,030Posts Today

6,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• Follow Martin