Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 13th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    • 297Posts
    • 1,216Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Taking it slowly, but doing it well.
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    Taking it slowly, but doing it well. 13th Jul 17 at 7:39 PM
    Good evening all,

I'm rejoining this thread and you lovely people after a break of a few years.

I've got a new user name, but only because I can't get back into my old account. (My old diary was called 'Today is not a NSD'

I've kept the start of my username the same, so it's still a big wave hello from me, Wish.

A quick (I promise) update from me.

I'm about to turn 35 (still wish I was 25)

I now have a 1 year old little boy - Pickle

I'm currently on extended maternity leave/career break/unemployed (I took the statutory maternity pay from my high pressured, long hours, no social life job, handed my notice in whilst on mat leave and , because I didn't take any occupational maternity pay, I didn't have to repay any money. )

Husband is still a freelance audio visual engineer in the entertainments industry

Still in our 2 bed Victorian terrace, which we still love.

We still want to be mortgage free, but it's going to take a little longer than we thought when I was last here.

So, why am I back?
    I need some motivation and some accountability, need to get back on the no spend days. Need to curb some bad financial habits that have crept back in.
    Need to lose some weight - nsd will help by no cake shop stops or treats from the discount supermarket at the end of the road.

I'm at the end of my maternity savings.

When I found out I was pregnant I stopped overpaying the mortgage and diverted all that cash into a maternity leave 'fund' to that I added my statutory maternity pay as it came in, £5k from an inheritance and a £5k gift from my parents.
    The total of those savings have allowed us to live as we were for 15.5 months without hubby having to contribute anymore to our household expenses than he had previously.

I am very pleased with what we have achieved. But, that 'half month' is August and then the money is gone, I have no income and we will have to manage on hubby's self employment earnings.

I am meant to be applying for agency work, in my field, for 3 days a week from September. It's not happened yet due to hubby being run off his feet with work. I'm not worried about this, I will sort it when I can.

We have no debts, other than our mortgage (which currently stands at just less than £37k and has 12years 3 months left to run)

We receive child benefit, but nothing else (previous warnings have been too high to receive tax credits or anything else)
    We have no family living nearby, so will need to pay out for childcare come September for 3 days a week, as I'll be agency and hubby is self employed we can't get childcare vouchers, but should be able to open one of the new tax free childcare accounts saving us 20% on childcare costs, which will be around £120 a week.

This is what I already do:

YNAB all my accounts - this is how I've managed to have 15 months off work
    Use ynab to save for all annual bills, overpaying each section so I have a little bonus when it comes to paying the bill

Meal plan & cook from scratch

Try not to spend too much on things for Pickle, and try to sell on things he has finished with (this has had mixed success)

I'd love to have your support as I attempt to pay off the mortge earlier than planned. I'm aiming, from August, to overpay the same amount as the interest added to the account. This isn't much, but it's a realistic challenge given out current circumstances.

Thank you for reading

Wish.
Page 6
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    I watched 1 zootube video. Have an a5 lined notebook. Use what ever pen I can grab and have kept my electronic phone based, syncs up with the husband diary for dates. Working so far.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400)
    July : £36,800 8/100
    August: £36,411.85 8/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029
    Current mortgage free date: April 2025
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Today has consisted of trying to stay awake, Pickle has slept poorly for the last 2 nights and it's really caught up with me. We did do the food shop this morning. Groceries & household goods coming in under the my supermarket prediction (I told it that I was buying everything in mr T's. Then bought the stuff I could (that was cheaper) in Ald1.
    I did buy cook at home Chinese takeaway stuff in mrT's for 4 of us it came to £28 which is probably about half what we would spend on an actual takeaway. I took this spends from the restaurant budget.

I don't think I'm going to make the £150 mop this month. The car seat clean is £45 (paid today) and I need £80 for the jeans repairs. I've juggled the budget round, lowering groceries, household bills, spending money etc to top up the 'stuff I'll forget' budget, which is where it's coming from, but that's quite a big hole in the finances so early in the month.
    Surveys have picked up a little so next time pa reaches £20 to cash out fee free, I may use it to replenish those pots a bit rather than boost my wool fund as I don't actually need any wool for a very long time.

Tomorrow hubby's new car needs to go in for a firmware update on the radio/cd/mavigation/phone thing as he's just getting the little circle of death. This will be free as he's had the car for two weeks and! They offer their customers free Saturday am car wash along with coffees and pastries while you wait. That's got to be a winner.
    The garage is next door to a designer outlet place so we'll also have a once round there. My everyday summer shoes have died so I think I'll use some birthday money to replace them with a winter suitable pair of shoes.

Think that's all from me. Updates below.

Friday
    Food shop✅
    Clear a box in the loft❌ I slept when Pickle slept today.

Saturday
    Washing
    Knitting
    Family day (hubby home tonight, if he can find a way round the M6 closure)

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

1) reduce mortgage capital by £445.00
    £54.90/£150 TT from shopping
    2) cash out £30 on surveys/mystery shopping/cashback etc
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) could cash out a £10 voucher from vo, but might leave it in and get a £15 Amaz0n one instead later in the month.
    3) 30 lots of decluttering/organising
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    3/10

The weight loss challenge 24 days left in September which is why everything is out of 24 (when I started)
    1) no snacking unless it grew 2/24
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 2/24 no bread based products at all.
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 2/24
    4) keep a food diary (with report)
    Breakfast: porridge with fresh strawberries (instead of sugar)
    Lunch: pasta with bacon and tomato salsa sauce, salad & 30gs of light cheese
    Tea: Chinese takeaway food. (To come)
    Other: Strawberries, Apple, weak cordial, Diet Coke. (Probably some form of alcohol shortly)

Wish
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 9th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    evening all,
    Today went as planned, early start to take hubby's car to have the media unit rebooted meant spends on a lovely family breakfast. Then some shopping in the outlet place, I've got some new everyday shoes as my canvas ones have split and it is raining £29.99 spent. Have taken it from my spending money budget at the moment, but they may have to come from my birthday money as things are feeling tight (thanks to the larger than expected jeans repair bill) definitely need to up the nsd count.
    This is the situation at the end of what is really week 1 of September. (All amounts are money left/budgeted amount. )

Groceries: £156/£250
    Household goods: £81/100
    Spending money:£34/£100
    Restaurant: £25/100
    Stuff I'll forget: £9/100

Please tell me this is ok???

Saturday
    Washing - just about to hang up last load
    Knitting - tonight's activity
    Family day (hubby home tonight, if he can find a way round the M6 closure) ✅ yes lovely day with my boys.

Sunday
    Cook roast dinner
    Cleaner proof the house

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 TT from today's spends
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85)
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    3/10

The weight loss challenge 24 days left in September which is why everything is out of 24 (when I started)
    1) no snacking unless it grew 3/24 (unless two polos in the car count as snacking)
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 3/24
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 3/24
    Breakfast: Eggs royale
    Lunch: ham & cheese salad sandwich , crisps and a couple of left over Chinese nibbles
    Tea: hm Chilli with rice & nachos with some hm fruit salad for pudding(To come)
    Other: Strawberries, weak cordial, Diet Coke, fresh lemonade, 2 polos.

Wish
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 10th Sep 17, 7:19 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    A nsd today, which is quite easy for a Sunday, church this morning, lazy afternoon and a roast for tea. Enough roast left over to bung in the slow cooker for at least a couple of portions of hot pot too.
    This evening 'a job is cleaner proofing the house and cracking on with the knitting.

Tomorrow could be a nsd tomorrow. Milk is running a little short, but we have some 'just add water' porridge for Pickle we can use and hubby may have to have Americano coffees and not his usual latte.

I'm also running a bit short on lunch type foods, bit of a grocery shop error there, will see how long we can last before I have to shop.

Still fretting a bit about the amount I've got left to see me through this month, but a few nsds should sort that out. No Pickle activity spends planned this week, I do have £7 cash in my purse that's already been accounted for on YNAB, so there is a little bit of wiggle room. By next weekend we are halfway through the month so it will be downhill to 'pay' day.

Enjoy your Sunday evening.
    Update...

Sunday
    Cook roast dinner✅
    Cleaner proof the house - next on the to do list

Monday
    Pick up jeans (already paid for)
    Make tea cakes for tuesday's bake along
    Wash bedding
    Prep for work on Tuesday inc sorting Pickle's things

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 No change today as nsd and I don't feel comfortable taking £1 from each pot as there is still a lot of month left.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) close to a £15 voucher on vo
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    4/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 4/24 even refrained from biscuits at church.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 3/24 failed today, 2 slices of bread at breakfast, 2 crumpets at lunch
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 4/24
    Breakfast: bacon & egg sandwich
    Lunch: crumpets with cheese & nachos
    Dinner: Lamb roast dinner
    Other: Strawberries, weak cordial, G&t to come later.

Wish
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 10th Sep 17, 7:42 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    A nsd today, which is quite easy for a Sunday, church this morning, lazy afternoon and a roast for tea. Enough roast left over to bung in the slow cooker for at least a couple of portions of hot pot too.
    This evening 'a job is cleaner proofing the house and cracking on with the knitting.

Tomorrow could be a nsd tomorrow. Milk is running a little short, but we have some 'just add water' porridge for Pickle we can use and hubby may have to have Americano coffees and not his usual latte.

I'm also running a bit short on lunch type foods, bit of a grocery shop error there, will see how long we can last before I have to shop.

Still fretting a bit about the amount I've got left to see me through this month, but a few nsds should sort that out. No Pickle activity spends planned this week, I do have £7 cash in my purse that's already been accounted for on YNAB, so there is a little bit of wiggle room. By next weekend we are halfway through the month so it will be downhill to 'pay' day.

Enjoy your Sunday evening.
    Update...

Sunday
    Cook roast dinner✅
    Cleaner proof the house - next on the to do list

Monday
    Pick up jeans (already paid for)
    Make tea cakes for tuesday's bake along
    Wash bedding
    Prep for work on Tuesday inc sorting Pickle's things

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 No change today as nsd and I don't feel comfortable taking £1 from each pot as there is still a lot of month left.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) close to a £15 voucher on vo
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    4/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 4/24 even refrained from biscuits at church.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 3/24 failed today, 2 slices of bread at breakfast, 2 crumpets at lunch
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 4/24
    Breakfast: bacon & egg sandwich
    Lunch: crumpets with cheese & nachos
    Dinner: Lamb roast dinner
    Other: Strawberries, weak cordial, G&t to come later.

Wish
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 11th Sep 17, 6:54 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Another nsd today, so half way to my monthly target.
    Swimming lesson this morning and train set playing at home this afternoon. All very simple and cheap.

I'm thinking I could manage another nsd tomorrow depending how long I'm working for and whether I pop to @ldi on the way home. (No ham or cheese in. )

Monday
    Pick up jeans (already paid for) - going after tea
    Make tea cakes for tuesday's bake along✅
    Wash bedding✅
    Prep for work on Tuesday inc sorting Pickle's things - another after tea job.

Tuesday
    As I'm working tomorrow and it's bake off, I'm not having a home to do list. Normal service to resume Wednesday.

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 Anothe nsd so no change again today.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) no change.
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    5/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 4/24 no change. I taste tested my bake for tomorrow night's bake off. Yummy, but a snack that didn't grow.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 4/24
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 5/24
    Breakfast: didn't have any today.
    Lunch: cheese, chutney sandwich
    Dinner: Hm pizza (even made the dough for the base) - to. One once pIckle is asleep.
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke might have a G&t Later

Wish[/QUOTE]
    • pinkypig
    • By pinkypig 11th Sep 17, 9:19 PM
    • 584 Posts
    • 5,808 Thanks
    pinkypig
    Hiya Wish, great news on your nsd. You've inspired me to set myself a nsd target!
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 13th Sep 17, 7:27 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Here is Tuesday's update....

I was so tired after work and bake off last night I fell asleep reading diaries and didn't update here, so here are the headlines.

Nsd
    Took my lunch with me to work

Tuesday
    As I'm working tomorrow and it's bake off, I'm not having a home to do list. Normal service to resume Wednesday. ✅

[wednesday
    Washing - I hate washing! It's never ending and a boring job. Urghhhhhh
    Tidy house - it's amazing how much it looks like a bomb site from just 1 day not on top of it - this is why I'm decluttering so it doesn't get this bad.
    Plan Sunday school
    1 hour loft tidying. (This has to be finished by the time hubby comes home next week as it's tax return time of the year again )

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£55.81/£150 Another nsd so no change again today. I'm beginning to feel like the budgets are easing up a bit, mostly due to 3 nsds in a row. I may be able to squeeze a 4th one out today.
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85) no change. Surveys have picked up though
    8/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    6/10 today was a nsd

1) no snacking unless it grew 5/24
    I'm not counting bake off eat along as snacking.
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 4/24 well, it was bread week on bake off, so muchos bread consumed in the evening. Although none of us are very good at bread so we only had a taste of each one as they weren't that Moreish.
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 6/24
    Lunch: cheese, & salad sandwich
    Dinner: fish, chips and beans- home cooked (as in we didn't go to the chippy, but I can't say homemade
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke, sparkling grape and elderflower drink (free from shopm1um last week. )

Wish
    • Betterthanever
    • By Betterthanever 13th Sep 17, 7:40 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 623 Thanks
    Betterthanever
    Looking good! I'm doing well on the NSD front too....although it's making for some slightly odd ensembles for evening meals
    Former DFW Need 230. Determined to be MF.
    Current balance £116,878.11. Offset £1034.
    end date - 03/29 aiming for 10/22

Bring it on!
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 13th Sep 17, 7:45 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Thanks Betterthannever,

Hubby heads away today so it's back to batch cooked freezer meals for me tonight. Otherwise known as dinner roulette. I've got loads of veggies left from Sunday's dinner which I'll need to cook up into a batch cooked something. Running out of space in the freezers though. Eek
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 14th Sep 17, 7:21 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    i did type a post last night, but I think I fell asleep while doing it. Oops. Sooo tired it seems. So just my updates this morning before I start on the to do list.

[wednesday
    Washing - I hate washing! It's never ending and a boring job. ✅
    Tidy house - it's amazing how much it looks like a bomb site from just 1 day not on top of it - this is why I'm decluttering so it doesn't get this bad. ✅
    Plan Sunday school✅
    1 hour loft tidying. (This has to be finished by the time hubby comes home next week as it's tax return time of the year again )✅

Thursday
    House chores (tidy round, washing etc)
    Sort 1 box in the loft
    Personal info and easy stuff on job application

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£56.39/£150 small survey cashout.
    £5.43/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85, Qme3: 58p)
    9/30 an hour in the loft office
    4) 10 nsd in September
    7/10 today was a nsd again (I think that's 4 in a row)

1) no snacking unless it grew 5/24
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 4/24 well, it was bread week on bake off, so muchos bread consumed in the evening. Although none of us are very good at bread so we only had a taste of each one as they weren't that Moreish.
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 6/24
    Lunch: cheese, & salad sandwich
    Dinner: fish, chips and beans- home cooked (as in we didn't go to the chippy, but I can't say homemade
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke, sparkling grape and elderflower drink (free from shopm1um last week. )

Wish[/QUOTE]
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 14th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    had a lovely day today at the airfield viewing park play park. Pickle and his friend ran around, watched the planes, played on the play park and generally acted like free -range children. This is definitely another day trip into the mse diary, it could easily have been an nsd. It wasn't though as I bought a sausage butty for my lunch as the friend we went with wanted to eat out. As the weather was nice we were able to get a takeaway though, so I just got the butty and drank my own fruit tea from the flask. I took a pack up for Pickle as she did for her little one.

Tomorrow is mum's coffee shop meet up, then food shopping a bit of baking then hosting a meeting here tomorrow night. So a spend day, but the grocery budget is still looking quite healthy £156/£250 left. I've got £5 cash in my purse which will pay my coffee shop bill.

I've managed to cash out a little payment from qme3, so that's today's mop pot pad. I'm edging closer to payouts on both pa and Vo. If I can get pa to £20 by Saturday morning, I'll use that money to pay for a day out with mum and dad on Saturday, they've chosen a place where they have membership, but we don't. I think dad is the member and can get 1 person in with him, might be cheaper for me to be the guest and pay for mum (as she gets the concessionary rate at most places now) there's £34.00 in the spending money pot & £25 in restaurants, which is plenty for Saturday, but will make the second half of the month very tight.

Updates..

Thursday
    House chores (tidy round, washing etc)..✅
    Sort 1 box in the loft ✅
    Personal info and easy stuff on job application✅

Friday
    Shopping
    Baking

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£56.98/£150 small survey cashout.
    £6.02/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85, Qme3: £1.17)
    10/30 a box in the loft
    4) 10 nsd in September
    7/10 £2.50 spent today

1) no snacking unless it grew 7/24
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 6/24
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 8/24
    Breakfast: toast
    Lunch: sausage butty
    Dinner: hm slow cooker batch cooked lamb casserole freezer meal
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke, fruit tea

Wish
    • michelle09
    • By michelle09 15th Sep 17, 3:00 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 771 Thanks
    michelle09
    Sounds like a good day, hopefully Pickle was all nicely tuckered out after?
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 15th Sep 17, 10:16 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Sounds like a good day, hopefully Pickle was all nicely tuckered out after?
    Originally posted by michelle09
    Thanks Michelle, he was pooped. Took him a while to settle, but he slept all night.

We'll see about tonight, I'm not hopeful.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 15th Sep 17, 10:33 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Evening all,

I'm feeling pretty pants tonight, Mum and dad have cancelled tomorrow as d&v has struck at their house. I know I was wondering/complaining about the cost, but it wasn't unaffordable and now it's cancelled.
    Lots and lots of my friends are at an engagement party for another friend and I'm not there as hubby is away and I'm looking after Pickle (thankfully he's asleep)
    So I'm sat watching pants tv feeling sorry for myself, and eating crappy food - 2 slices of bread challenge well and truly blown out of the water today.
    There's better financial news.
    Food shopping this morning £29ish (my supermarket said £32 if I bought it all at Mr T's. ) so the Ald1 & mr T combo seems to be working well.
    I did go to the cafe this morning, £6 for both of us for breakfast and a drink.
    But nothing else spent.

I've cashed out today's earnings on qme3 and Hit the £15.50 for an Amaz0n voucher from Vo. Which I've done (account now stands at 50p) once everything in the pa pending section pays out I can cash out without a fee through circle.

Going to finish this then head to bed and hope I wake up in a better mood tomorrow.

Friday
    Shopping✅
    Baking✅ Plain chocolate cola cake. Bit unusual, but very nice.

Saturday
    Washing
    At least 3 sections of personal statement on job application

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£58.50/£150 small survey Cashout and TT from grocery shopping
    £22.16/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85, Qme3: £2.31 vo; £15 voucher)
    10/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    7/10

I've lost count. Not horrendous, but worse than the rest of the week
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 6/24 more like 6 today!!!
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 8/24 nope, he had a new meal (fish pie on the shopm1um deal so had to try it)
    Breakfast: scrambled egg on toast
    Lunch: tuna mayo sandwich.
    Dinner: Cheese toastie (told you I'm having a pants day.
    Other: Tangerine, weak cordial, Diet Coke, fruit tea, g&t

Wish
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 16th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    today has turned out to be good, despite Mum and dad. Ring poorly and Pickle having a 3 hour party in the early hours.

Went to a maize maze with friends this morning. Took a picnic for lunch £2 fee for the maze. I did pay for my friend and her child to go round the maze as she had no cash, I will either get that back in cash or Kind at a later point.

This afternoon popped into mr S for a new pair of jeans (£15, but paid with nectar points) and got the shopm1um offers I wanted so £9.30 cash spend - on 4 cartons of juice and one yoghurt (ridiculous amount if you ask me)
    But- I should get well over half of it back and 3 lots of juice are from the 'ambient' juice aisle with a use by of may 2018, so they are going away for Christmas.
    I'm getting quite a stash of Christmas juices thanks to that particular app.

I took cash out of the bank this morning and got a new shiny £10 note. So I got more cash out so we can stash our first new £10 for Pickle ( he's got our first £5 too) it's not got a 'it will be worth a lot of money' serial number, but that's not the point.

Now we've tipped over half way through the month I'm feeling happier about the household budgets. Especially as I'm set up to have Sunday and Monday at least as nsds.
    The most healthy budget is household goods but I will need to get cat food (trip to c0stc0) and I'll probably get at least 1 more box of nappies this month.

Surveys have been dead today. Not a single one to even be screened out of and I've got over £7 pending in pa which, when clears takes me over the fee free cash out value. I can't imagine that will happen before Monday now.

Tonight is vegitate (maybe a bit of knitting) and early night to recover from last night's Pickle Party and prepare for tonight's.

Updates below as always

Saturday
    Washing - last few bits to finish
    At least 3 sections of personal statement on job application - no way! Too tired from non-sleeping toddler antics.

Sunday
    Cleaner proof the house
    Mass soup/casserole making using veg in the fridge
    Be organised for Monday - crazy early dental appointment for Pickle.

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£59.20/£150 TT from grocery shopping
    £22.16/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85, Qme3: £2.31 vo; £15 voucher) no change
    10/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    7/10

No change - should have put left over chic cake in freezer
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 7/24 just 1 pitta bread today.
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 9/24
    Breakfast: none
    Lunch: Ham salad pitta, crisps
    Dinner: Freezer roulette
    Other: Diet Coke, , g&t (def having one of this shortly) chocolate cola cake, cranberry juice (can't think of anything else. )

Wish
    • pinkypig
    • By pinkypig 16th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    • 584 Posts
    • 5,808 Thanks
    pinkypig
    Hiya Wish, sorry you had a rubbish night, its awful feeling like that when you're stuck in on your own. Glad you had a good day to make up for it
    When you get the posh discounted juice using Shopium can you get more than one and still claim the money back?

PP x
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 16th Sep 17, 10:40 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Hiya Wish, sorry you had a rubbish night, its awful feeling like that when you're stuck in on your own. Glad you had a good day to make up for it
    When you get the posh discounted juice using Shopium can you get more than one and still claim the money back?

PP x
    Originally posted by pinkypig

Hi PP,
    It depends on the offer. Ambient juice was cashback available on 1 of each flavour. Chilled juice was cashback available on 1, pick your favourite flavour.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 17th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    I'll be back with a proper update later but... all you shopm1um people. Don't bother with the 'protein yoghurt' thing in mango & passionfruit. It is disgusting. Bleurgh!
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 17th Sep 17, 10:25 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Another day of feeling pretty rubbish about our domestic/social situation. Days are fine, it's shutting the door at 5pm for Pickle's tea and knowing I'm not going to speak to another person until we leave the house then next day and knowing I've potentially got a 3 hour Pickle party to attend in the wee small hours.
    Part of me thinks I need to cash in a babysitting credit and get out for the evening, but then I'll be going out and attending a potential pickle party. It's not feeling like a good idea at the moment.
    I will get over my mope, but I haven't yet.

Mse/mfw news
    No spend day
    Surveys pretty slow £1 on pa and nothing moved from pending to payable. Hopefully it will pick up tomorrow.
    Food wise - yeah, crappy feelings equals crappy eating.

Hope every one has a good evening and a lovely week.

Sunday
    Cleaner proof the house✅
    Mass soup/casserole making using veg in the fridge❌
    Be organised for Monday - crazy early dental appointment for Pickle. ❌

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£59.20/£150 no change
    £22.16/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85, Qme3: £2.31 vo; £15 voucher) no change
    10/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    8/10

If only someone invented a biscuit tree
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 7/24 nope failed
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 10/24
    Breakfast: none
    Lunch: Ham salad pitta, crisps
    Dinner: stir fry and noodle
    Other: Diet Coke, , chocolate digestives.

Wish
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

1,584Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin