Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 13th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    • 456Posts
    • 1,768Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Taking it slowly, but doing it well.
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    Taking it slowly, but doing it well. 13th Jul 17 at 7:39 PM
    Good evening all,

I'm rejoining this thread and you lovely people after a break of a few years.

I've got a new user name, but only because I can't get back into my old account. (My old diary was called 'Today is not a NSD'

I've kept the start of my username the same, so it's still a big wave hello from me, Wish.

A quick (I promise) update from me.

I'm about to turn 35 (still wish I was 25)

I now have a 1 year old little boy - Pickle

I'm currently on extended maternity leave/career break/unemployed (I took the statutory maternity pay from my high pressured, long hours, no social life job, handed my notice in whilst on mat leave and , because I didn't take any occupational maternity pay, I didn't have to repay any money. )

Husband is still a freelance audio visual engineer in the entertainments industry

Still in our 2 bed Victorian terrace, which we still love.

We still want to be mortgage free, but it's going to take a little longer than we thought when I was last here.

So, why am I back?
    I need some motivation and some accountability, need to get back on the no spend days. Need to curb some bad financial habits that have crept back in.
    Need to lose some weight - nsd will help by no cake shop stops or treats from the discount supermarket at the end of the road.

I'm at the end of my maternity savings.

When I found out I was pregnant I stopped overpaying the mortgage and diverted all that cash into a maternity leave 'fund' to that I added my statutory maternity pay as it came in, £5k from an inheritance and a £5k gift from my parents.
    The total of those savings have allowed us to live as we were for 15.5 months without hubby having to contribute anymore to our household expenses than he had previously.

I am very pleased with what we have achieved. But, that 'half month' is August and then the money is gone, I have no income and we will have to manage on hubby's self employment earnings.

I am meant to be applying for agency work, in my field, for 3 days a week from September. It's not happened yet due to hubby being run off his feet with work. I'm not worried about this, I will sort it when I can.

We have no debts, other than our mortgage (which currently stands at just less than £37k and has 12years 3 months left to run)

We receive child benefit, but nothing else (previous warnings have been too high to receive tax credits or anything else)
    We have no family living nearby, so will need to pay out for childcare come September for 3 days a week, as I'll be agency and hubby is self employed we can't get childcare vouchers, but should be able to open one of the new tax free childcare accounts saving us 20% on childcare costs, which will be around £120 a week.

This is what I already do:

YNAB all my accounts - this is how I've managed to have 15 months off work
    Use ynab to save for all annual bills, overpaying each section so I have a little bonus when it comes to paying the bill

Meal plan & cook from scratch

Try not to spend too much on things for Pickle, and try to sell on things he has finished with (this has had mixed success)

I'd love to have your support as I attempt to pay off the mortge earlier than planned. I'm aiming, from August, to overpay the same amount as the interest added to the account. This isn't much, but it's a realistic challenge given out current circumstances.

Thank you for reading

Wish.
Page 3
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 2nd Aug 17, 6:49 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    So today:
    This morning we both took Pickle swimming, he loves it and spent most of the time just 'hanging out' in his new arm bands, he seems unable (or more likely too lazy and unwilling) to kick his legs to actually swim.

Then we went for brunch - I paid & blew the daily budget £26.80 for brunch for the pair of us and pickle. Money well spent though we had a lovely family day. We had brunch in the cafe that undercharged my card a few days ago. When I checked my online banking this afternoon the full charge for brunch was in the pending transactions section, so I really do think I've been charged 80p for last week's cake trip. I adjusted the YNAB entry, used some of the refund to balance out today'S spends and put the rest in the mop (mortgage over pay) pot.

This afternoon I went to see a performance on my own!!! It was amazing, the play and going on my own. I paid for the ticket, in cash a few days ago.

While waiting in the queue to get in VO had lots of surveys for me, so I did a couple of quick ones, and got screened out of a couple. Having a child really seems to help be accepted it seems. As a result of my 'queue surveys' I earn £2.75 so was able to cash out a £15 Amazon voucher and have 2.25 towards my next one.

Tomorrow, I've got nothing planned for tomorrow but will need to sort something for tea, not sure what, so will have a think and see what we've still got left to use up.

Next: update on goals

August's goals

1) reduce Mortgage capital by £340 (this means an op of about £115
    £25.11/£128
    2) keep an accurate cash spending diary
    No cash spent today
    3) cash out £30 of survey site rewards
    £24.80/£30 (£15 voucher & £9.80 cash)
    4) reach the middle of July on the temperature blanket.
    No progress last night
    5) get a job or sign up to 1 agency.
    No response from application so assume I've not been shortlisted.

Have a good evening

Wish.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400)
    2017 July : £36,800 8/100 August: £36,411.85 8/100 September: £35,945.66 10/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029
    Current mortgage free date: April 2025
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 3rd Aug 17, 6:43 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Evening all. I've blown the budget (again!!!) I am evidently rubbish at this daily budget thing.
    Today's culprit was the spensive supermarket (again) and the end of gig technician's party. The gig finishes tomorrow night but the techs go straight into the get out so have their party tonight.
    £43 on 2 bottles of wine, 3beers, 3ciders & cheese & biscuits. Thankfully I'd miscounted by budget days and, although this spend is 3 days worth of budget, there is still 2 days worth of budget in the pot for tomorrow and Saturday when Pickle and I travel home.
    Once this transaction had been ynab'd I Tilly tidied to the Mop pot.

Once pickle is down (just having bed time settling cuddles now) I need to party proof the house and I'm going to crack on with my knitting until they finished working tonight and head round.

Today's updates.

August's goals

£27.46/£128
    £1 car park charge, refunded to shopping
    No. hangs to cashed out totals but 3vo surveys and 1pa study completed so far today
    Creeping towards the end of May, should get a bit more done tonight
    5) get a job or sign up to 1 agency
    No progress (or any efforts put into this today

Have a good evening

Wish.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 4th Aug 17, 6:48 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    last full day away today, so some serious packing has been done and still needs to be done. Pickle just being settled to sleep, hopefully he'll go quickly hen I can crack on. Mostly it's kitchen stuff to pack then the car to load, so shouldn't be too much faff.
    I've sorted all our clothes for tomorrow and hubby's overnight bag.

I'm going to make notes on the asd! delivery note to show where I overspent/ordered too much. It might help me be smarter next year.

Few bits and bobs of spends today, but within budget
    I did treat Pickle to a new noisy book and a bridge for his railway track as he hasn't had lots of treats while he's been here so I've taken those spends from the child benefit pot and there's a 2p Tilly tidy to the mop pot to make.

Tomorrow is packing the last bits, brunch out then travel home. And back to reality., whatever that looks like.

Today's updates.

August's goals

£32.48/£128
    Breakfast, sweets & ice cream
    No changes to cashed out totals today, but some surveys completed on both sites and a receipt from the other day scanned.
    Did quite well last night, just a few, cold days at the end of May to go (until May is completed)
    No progress (or any efforts put into this today)

Have a good evening

Wish.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 6th Aug 17, 7:54 AM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Quick (late post) to say that I 'spent up' the 'holiday' money as we left yesterday, finished off with breakfast for both Pickle & I.

I also stopped at the wool shop at spent £95 (ouch ouch ouch ouch) on really beautiful wool for lots of Christmas presents. So that came from the Christmas pot money- which I think will need some additional topping up this year as it's been raised for birthday presents too.

When I got home I took a 'bread & milk' trip to Ald! Which was obviouly more than those two items as I didn't take a list! But £11 damage isn't bad and I've got lunch bits for a few days.

Today is a pj day! I am sore (Pickle ended up in my bed and slept horizontally across the bed) and tired (Pickle wasn't sleeping which is why he ended up in my bed)
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 6th Aug 17, 7:36 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Today was a nsd!!! It has a lot to do with the fact it's also been a pj day (for both me and Pickle) but a nsd is a nsd!!

I hadn't budgeted August's spending money while I was away as I wanted to keep it searate from our 'away' money, so I spent some time sorting out YNAB today. I've budgeted £250 for groceries which seems massive (plus £100 for 'household goods' but I've been outspending this, so going to bring the spends down gradually.)

There's £100 for my spends, £100 for restaurants, coffee shops and takeaways
    £200 has been put into 'stuff I forget' as a bit of a buffer, then the left overs have gone to the mop pot.

Now I'm home I need to create some short term goals as well as monthly ones (Although we do go away again next week.

Tonight
    Clear up from tea
    Hang up 2 loads of washing
    Unpack by clearing the dining room table
    Bit of knitting

Tomorrow
    Dry washing away
    More washing if space to dry
    Meal plan
    Shopping
    Pick parcel up from post office

This week
    Unpack everything
    Pack for holiday
    Send parcel to friend

August's goals

£63.73/£128
    Nsd woop woop
    No changes to cashed out totals today.
    It's been quiet on the survey front today, think that's normal for a Sunday though
    3.5 days of May to go.. keep plodding on!
    No progress (or any efforts put into this today)

Have a good evening

Wish.
    • Viking_mfw
    • By Viking_mfw 6th Aug 17, 9:09 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    Viking_mfw
    That's a busy day for a pj day! Hope you recovered from your poor night's sleep as well
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 7th Aug 17, 6:46 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Thank you Viking last night was much better, no disturbances until 5:30am. That's manageable.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 7th Aug 17, 6:59 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Evening all,
    Not much to report today. Cafe catch up with a friend this morning, and a park trip this afternoon. Few jobs done and to do this evening, I won't bore you any longer, I'll just update my goals...

Tonight last night!
    Clear up from teadone
    Hang up 2 loads of washingdone
    Unpack by clearing the dining room tabledone today
    Bit of knittingdone

Tomorrowtoday
    Dry washing awaynone dry yet - check again tonight.
    More washing if space to drytwo more loads done and hung up
    Meal plan tonight & tomorrow's
    Shopping done
    Pick parcel up from post office

This week
    Unpack everythingprogress but not finished
    Pack for holiday
    Send parcel to friend

August's goals

£68.45/£128 £4.72 TT
    £4.45 cafe spend recorded
    No changes to cashed out totals today.
    just £3 away from £20 on pa, over £3 pending so as soon as that clears I can cashout
    VO up to £8.25 think I'm going to go for a boots vouchers this time so target is £10.50.

2.5 days of May to complete. Also frogged a jumper I started before going away as I need to put button holes in it and I failed when trying, so needs to get some scrappy wool and do some samples for practice, job for after the holiday I think.
    No progress (or any efforts put into this today)i have checked the job website today, nothing suitable for me to apply for.

Have a good evening

Wish.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 7th Aug 17, 7:07 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Oh, need to do tonight's list (and tomorrow's)

Tonight:
    Cook & clear up tea
    Check for dry washing and put away
    Sort kitchen bomb site
    Sort bedroom bomb site
    Meal plan (including checking cellar freezer)
    Knitting

Tomorrow
    Dry washing away
    Food shop (hopefully including Roamler tasks)
    Write holiday lists

This week:
    Unpack everything
    Pack for holiday
    Send parcel to friend

August Goals:
    1) reduce mortgage capital by £340 - require overpayment of £128
    2)keep an accurate cash spending diary
    4)reach the middle of July on temperature blanket
    5)get a job or sign up to 1 agency.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Aug 17, 10:03 AM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Arghhhhhh rant alert
    I'm feeling very ranty, I do have a plan, I hate confrontation, so please don't tell me to confront this issue head on.

We have a cleaner, she's very cheap (£10 an hour providing her own cleaning materials)
    She's not the most reliable (son with mh difficulties, elderly mum, own ongoing Health issues)
    Her quality of work is variable due to above (but when she's on it, she's awesome)

We stick with her because, I wouldn't be able to find anybody else for the same rate of pay, (I'm currently not working so couldn't justify the additional expense) even on a bad week she does a better job than I would, when she doesn't come I just count it as an extra op on the mortgage.

Ok ok, I'm not working, and I only have 1 child so I should be able to manage cleaning a 2 bed terrace house. I probably could, but I don't want to. I read a BBC article over the last few weeks that said spending money on things that give you time, makes you happier than spending money on stuff. I agree. Husband is untidy enough as it is, I know he would be worse if it was me doing the cleaning.

Anyway! We've been away for 3 weeks, prior to going away I had our annual conversation about cleaner doing a deep clean while we were away, under beds, behind sofas, cupboards, under the bath, doors, skirting boards etc. I even left her a list (that wasn't there when we returned)

Last year's deep clean was a bit iffy so I'd already ummd and ahhd about asking her not to come while we were away, and getting a cleaning company in to do a one off deep clean. But thought, 'no, with a list, she'll be fine'

Guess what??? No, it's not fine, it's not really any better than a normal weekly clean. Very irritating. Now, I know I should speak to her about it, but I hate confrontation. I'm just annoyed at myself for not sticking to my guns.

So, this is my plan (one of my skills is solution focused planning, the downfall is the solution always avoids confrontation)

I always budget £100 a month for the cleaner (5x£20) some months are not 5 Monday months, and some mondays she doesn't turn up (see above) normally I would use the spare that comes for this as treats or to op the mortgage. Well, no more! I'm going to redistribute (oh how I love ynab) the extra money to a new budget category of 'annual clean' then book in a company to deep clean when I have enough in the pot (£150 maybe??) and I've done some good old sorting out.

I've already put £40 in the pot because August is only a 4 Monday month and we asked her not to come last Monday as we knew we'd have cases and flight cases and tech gear everywhere.
    One Monday will be bank holiday, and she doesn't always work bank hols, so I may have another weekly sum to add to the pot at the end of the month.

Rant over. And I feel a lot better

Have a good day everyone.

Wish.
    • CathT
    • By CathT 8th Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 5,311 Posts
    • 36,478 Thanks
    CathT
    Hi Wish, just found your diary and caught up. It's a difficult situation with the cleaner.

I know your SOA was a couple of pages back but are you not entitled to tax credits due to income? I know you were working previously but my understanding from when we qualified in the good old days that if your income dropped by 10k you could apply for this year. Does that make sense?

Will be following your journey
    August 2017 -
    part 1 - £79,967
    part 2 - £46,351
    Total - £126,318
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Aug 17, 6:46 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Thanks for dropping by Cath,
    We've just had the tax credit renewal thing through and our income in 16-17 was still too high, despite it dropping due to statutory maternity pay.
    Hubby is self employed and hasn't done his tax return for 16-17 yet so we over estimated what his profit will be.

I'm hoping, once I'm working again and Pickle is in childcare we'll get something towards that, otherwise it's just the 20% tax free child care account thing.

Today I've spent some time looking at the YNAB reports.
    They make interesting reading. It seems, in the whole of 2016 I spent less than £11k but so far in 2017 I've spent over £14k I need to look more closely at where the difference are, but I suspect 5 months (Jan-may) of vomiting constantly, then having a new born baby and being shattered had something to do with it.

I'll post my findings later, but let's just say, for now, average monthly expenditure needs to drop dramatically. I'm at about £2300 a month (on average) going out but only £2k coming in now. I think it will even out a bit (the quirks of looking on the 8th August) but it has left me determined to do better.

I'm having a few syncing issues with YNAB. Is anyone else? I'm on good old fashioned YNAB classic, I don't really want to have to switch to the new one while this one is doing ever I need it to do.

Low spend day on tea tonight.
    Will update my lists below.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Aug 17, 6:54 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Tonight:laat night
    Cook & clear up tea✅
    Check for dry washing and put away✅
    Sort kitchen bomb site✅
    Sort bedroom bomb sitedone todat
    Meal plan (including checking cellar freezer)meal plan still not done, freezer checked today
    Knitting❌

Tomorrowtoday
    Dry washing away✅
    Food shop (hopefully including Roamler tasks)❌
    Write holiday lists❌

This week:
    Unpack everything✅
    Pack for holiday
    Send parcel to friend

August Goals:
    1) reduce mortgage capital by £340 - require overpayment of £128 £63.73 I think, but YNAB is being funny
    2)keep an accurate cash spending diary✅
    3) cash out £30 of survey site rewards✅just requested £20.36 from PA and only need 50p on VO for a £10 boots voucher - watch the surveys all dry up now
    4)reach the middle of July on temperature blanket need to get to the end of May first.
    5)get a job or sign up to 1 agency.we're still far too early in August to worry about this.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 9th Aug 17, 6:38 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Today has been a money saving mix.

I took Pickle to the local pool's toddler time swim this morning, £2.10 for both of us for an hour - absolute bargain and an acquaintance was also there with her husband and little ones.

Then this happened... was chatting to acquaintance about our up coming camping trip and the fact we'd left Daddy at home researching roof boxes (£300+ apparently!!)
    'Oh' she said 'we've got one you could use, and actually you'd be doing us a favour as we're moving house next week and it's one less thing to move'
    So, £20 on the correct fittings for our car, and the offer of regular use if we need it. That's an mse win ������
    Edit: have picked up roof box and it fits without having to purchase any additional bits. Whoop woop woop

After it was a shopping centre trip ������
    We kept to the list- so everything budgeted for.
    Then: drink & cake in JL cost £1.95 for both of us as we used our free hot drink & cake voucher
    Wedding present bought & £6 of a £30 spend we 'topped up' the pressie & card with a couple of packs of the bin bags we use for the kitchen bin, which we did need and are no cheaper elsewhere.

We had Pickle's feet measured, but he doesn't need new shoes -mse win for now, it will come though.

And I used the car journeys to do some surveys. Some pa money went from pending to paid last night which took me over £20, so just need that to land in circle now and vo also gave me a 75p survey which meant I could cash out a £10 b!!ts voucher.
    I don't think I'll reach a payable amount again this month as we're camping next week so need to conserve battery life and data, but going for a JL voucher next time which will either go towards Christmas pressies or Pickle's shoes.

Home life is crazy with post trip clear ups and pre holiday sorting and we're now adding to the mix that hubby has seen 3 cars to go and look at (he's been car hunting for about 3 years!!) so road trip tomorrow and hopefully picking up a new car as we get back from holiday.

Hope everyone has had a lovely day, goal updates below.
    Last edited by wishingthemortgaheaway; 09-08-2017 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Updated info
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 9th Aug 17, 6:40 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Today's achievements
    Yesterday evening:
    Didn't write a list oops! (Friends came round for a takeaway any way)

Today:
    Didn't write a list for today - but I have been productive.

Tonight:
    Collect roof box from friend
    Knitting (of course!)
    Pack for 'wedding weekend'

Tomorrow:
    Start holiday packing properly
    Dry washing away
    See buttons on hubby's suit for wedding

This week:
    Unpack everything✅
    Pack for holiday
    Send parcel to friend✅

August Goals:
    8/8: £63.73/£128
    9/8: £64.83 (TT)

9/8 ✅

3) cash out £30 of survey site rewards✅
    8/8: £24.80/£30 (£15 voucher & £9.80 cash)
    9/8: £55.16/£30 (£25 vouchers & £30.16)

8/8: up to 29/05/17

9/8: ❌
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 11th Aug 17, 12:01 AM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Just checking I can post!

Have just written my update from today and it won't post and I've lost it. Sooooo
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 11th Aug 17, 11:58 AM
    • 234 Posts
    • 918 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    Just checking I can post!

Have just written my update from today and it won't post and I've lost it. Sooooo
    Originally posted by wishingthemortgaheaway

Nightmare! Hope you're able to post with no issues later.

Had my kids feet measured today also. DS gone up 1/2 size, DD up 1 1/2 size
    Will be ordering their shoes online through top cashback though
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £37139.86
    £5400.86/£37139.86 14.54% paid
    Estimated DFD JUNE 2020 (calculated July 2017)
    Debt Free by Christmas Challenge
    Total cleared £3073.82/£9091.72 33.8% paid
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 11th Aug 17, 10:40 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    I hadn't thought of ordering shoes online mummy_bear, I always had them fitted as a child, so was just doing the same for Pickle. Maybe I'll get a job in a shoe shop for a bit to learn how to fit and measure shoes, then do it myself.

Thanks for dropping by.
    Posting has been a nightmare, trying a different device today....
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 11th Aug 17, 10:49 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Attempting to post.....
    Last night's PST went awol, so I'm trying again tonight.
    I think we are packed for our holiday, just the 'morning list' to do tomorrow before we leave.

Things are going well, bit of spending on a travel cot tent thing for pickle from a friend, we usually borrow it, but as we're using it more than them they asked if we wanted to buy it.

Some sort of updates below.

Tomorrow:
    Morning list
    Go to wedding
    June 1-3 on temp blanket while travelling

This week:
    Unpack everything✅
    Pack for holiday -done
    Send parcel to friend✅

August Goals:
    8/8: £63.73/£128
    9/8: £64.83 (TT)
    11/8: £68.90 (TT & under budget on landline bill)

9/8 ✅
    11/8: no cash spent today

3) cash out £30 of survey site rewards✅
    8/8: £24.80/£30 (£15 voucher & £9.80 cash)
    9/8: £55.16/£30 (£25 vouchers & £30.16
    11/8: no change today, but pa reward has cleared to circle, just waiting for it to appear in my bank now

8/8: up to 29/05/17
    11/8: completed May

9/8: X
    11/8: X
    • Mummy_bear
    • By Mummy_bear 12th Aug 17, 2:31 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 918 Thanks
    Mummy_bear
    I'd not ordered online before either. But I took them to clarks, got them measured tried some shoes on and then declared I wasn't buying that day. I'll just order them from their online shop via topcashback so I'll get something back.

Anything to save a bit of money these days!
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £37139.86
    £5400.86/£37139.86 14.54% paid
    Estimated DFD JUNE 2020 (calculated July 2017)
    Debt Free by Christmas Challenge
    Total cleared £3073.82/£9091.72 33.8% paid
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

281Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin