Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paypalvictim
    • By paypalvictim 13th Jul 17, 5:20 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    paypalvictim
    Paypal seller protection????
    • 13th Jul 17, 5:20 PM
    Paypal seller protection???? 13th Jul 17 at 5:20 PM
    Its my first post so please be gentle. I am a private seller on ebay and sold a VCR player in April in full working order. The buyer messaged me over 6 weeks later saying that it had only been used a few times & was no longer working. They then escalated the claim to paypal who took the money out of our account leaving a debit balance. We passed evidence to paypal that the buyer had sent saying that the VCR worked upon arrival as she was asking for money back on 'not as described' basis. The item was an old piece of electronics. Paypal found in buyers favour and I had threatening call to put money into account or debt collection will be put on us. What can I do ?
    Thank you.
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Jul 17, 5:52 PM
    • 15,185 Posts
    • 10,980 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 13th Jul 17, 5:52 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 5:52 PM
    You'd be better posting this on the eBay board, but it's likely
    they will use a debt collector and you won't be able to open a PayPal account ever again

There does seem some contradictions in your describing something as in full working order, but then an old piece of electronics
    • paypalvictim
    • By paypalvictim 13th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    paypalvictim
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    Many thanks for the advice,I will put it on the ebay one. I described it as old meaning as in Video players when we use DVDs now but still in working order. It does beg the question though if paypal are giving people their money back without a thought as to how they have used/misused a used itemin a 2 month period that maybe ebay is not the place for private sellers clearing their attics(as a popular ebay advertising campaign promoted)
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 13th Jul 17, 7:52 PM
    • 18,640 Posts
    • 15,521 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:52 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:52 PM
    Many thanks for the advice,I will put it on the ebay one. I described it as old meaning as in Video players when we use DVDs now but still in working order. It does beg the question though if paypal are giving people their money back without a thought as to how they have used/misused a used itemin a 2 month period that maybe ebay is not the place for private sellers clearing their attics(as a popular ebay advertising campaign promoted)
    Originally posted by paypalvictim
    You have given no indication that you defended his Paypal claim against you.
    Did you?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    • 10,595 Posts
    • 7,113 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5679077

It's now posted on the eBay board, still with the gap in detail....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

471Posts Today

5,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin