Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PMC81
    • By PMC81 13th Jul 17, 4:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PMC81
    Driveway Wall
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:53 PM
    Driveway Wall 13th Jul 17 at 4:53 PM
    A few weeks ago we found a neighbours car had rolled down the street and into our driveway wall and knocked part of it down. Our neighbour accepted responsibility and we have been in the process of claiming back via the insurance company.

An assessor has been round and he made the comment that if the wall can't be fixed then they'd have to look at replacing all of it. Now our wall is v old and the brick i dont (horrible stone looking stuff) probably won't even exist anymore! The insurance company called me earlier and said we have to get some quotes to fix the broken part of the wall but i'm not sure how they expect to source an exact match of the brick?

What is the normal rule of thumb with these types of claims?
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    • 25,468 Posts
    • 10,103 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    Lots of places do recycled bricks.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

929Posts Today

7,277Users online

Martin's Twitter