Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • reenan
    • By reenan 13th Jul 17, 4:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    reenan
    UKPC - Wont allow me to appeal
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:24 PM
    UKPC - Wont allow me to appeal 13th Jul 17 at 4:24 PM
    I need some advise.
    I live in a flats in Birmingham with gated parking underground which needs your car to display the permit.
    I parked my car and left it for 4 days as I walk to work. When I come back to my car I had 3 parking tickets from UKPC for not parking correctly within the parking bays. When I looked at the car it was in between two parking spaces but out of 6 lines (3 at back and 3 at front) only 2 are visible the rest have faded.
    I took my photos and tried to load onto the UKPC website but wouldn't work so I called them up to be told to email the appeal directly which I did. I kept receiving notification letters of failure to pay and called then 3 times to advise I had appealed. (by this time 60 days had passed, super seeding the 35 day rule)
    I received an email back to say they reject one appeal and refuse to accept the other 2 emails for the other 2 fines as I didn't follow procedure.
    the first rejection is with Popla but they are refusing to accept they told me to send an email and told Popla they accepted one claim as a "good will gesture" which is a total lie as they have not told me this one.
    The other 2 parking fines are now at the point of threatening court.
    Can anyone advise?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    • 48,804 Posts
    • 62,309 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    Oh dear, did you appeal as the driver and what was your POPLA appeal like, I do hope you haven't just written about what happened (you will lose at POPLA, if so). Do not pay though.

You need to read the NEWBIES thread. In that sticky tread, post #2 covers pre-court threats and court stage, and post #3 covers POPLA - too late for you - and post #4 covers ignoring debt collector threats.

What does your tenancy or lease agreement say about permits or parking rights?

Were you living there before UKPC were?

Why are you displaying a permit for gated land? Why do you think you have to (clue - YOU DON'T).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,316Posts Today

7,917Users online

Martin's Twitter