Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Von0974
    • By Von0974 13th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Von0974
    Notice of proposed allocation
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    Notice of proposed allocation 13th Jul 17 at 3:06 PM
    I received the notice today, I used the forum to enter my defence, now I'm getting a little paniced, does this mean there will definitely be a court date n do I have to prepare a witness statement? Advice needed please
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    It is never inevitable that there will be a hearing, especially if this is CEL. Which PPC?

If and when you have a letter from your local court, that will tell you the date by which to exchange WS and evidence, and sometimes PPCs discontinue at that stage. No hearing is unstoppable/inevitable, you can see this off earlier but do everything required of you, don't be the one to blink!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Von0974
    • By Von0974 13th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Von0974
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    OK THANKS, it is CEL, I'm filling in the form and will send court and Cel one too..
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 3:45 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:45 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:45 PM
    Honestly, I do not expect CEL to turn up or proceed with many hearings. I reckon they are trying to flush out people who will panic and pay. They have history for discontinuing just before a hearing (lots of times, last year) and then this year they've been staying cases for a long time, then only now have they been picking up DQ stage.

I don't believe that means they have changed their stance and fully expect discontinuances later on with all these well-defended cases.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Von0974
    • By Von0974 13th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Von0974
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    I will do what form states...but I do want to thank all the members on here for their advice with out it I would have be completely lost.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    We are glad so many people trust us, defend their cases and 99% win! It is worth it.

• Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 13th Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    • 5,956 Posts
    • 5,417 Thanks
    Herzlos
    If CEL have form for late discontinuations, is it worth filing for a counter claim for costs, to force them to turn up / automatically lose?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    Too late to counter claim now, and costs are not a 'counter-claim' in themselves.

Costs can be claimed by writing a letter to the Judge immediately after discontinuance, so this OP can do that if and when it happens, later.

• Von0974
    • By Von0974 9th Aug 17, 6:38 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Von0974
    • 9th Aug 17, 6:38 PM
    • 9th Aug 17, 6:38 PM
    Not heard anything back from cel? Are they supposed to send a copy of their. D&Q?
    • Von0974
    • By Von0974 9th Aug 17, 6:42 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Von0974
    The D&Q I sent stated I had to send to court and copy to CEL? So should they send one to me?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Aug 17, 5:23 AM
    • 823 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    YEs, of course. Ask the court if they got a copy of CELs DQ, and state you have not been served one. Put that in writing to the court
    It goes in as part of how CEL are unreasonable, so you can get more costs under CPR27.14(g)(2).
    • Von0974
    • By Von0974 10th Aug 17, 7:19 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Von0974
    Do I write to the court now or to the court Iv wished it to allocated to?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Aug 17, 7:27 AM
    • 7,374 Posts
    • 6,421 Thanks
    The Deep
    Best of luck, some of these should cheer you up.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=CEL+lose+in+court&gws_rd=ssl
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 10th Aug 17, 7:59 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    Every time they do not adhere to practice directions you should write to the allocated court to make them aware.

The court then should make a general form of judgement or order telling them to comply with whatever they have not done.

This then gives you a paper trail to show to the court the unreasonable behaviour of the claimant.

In my case a couple of years ago, they failed to serve DQ, were late in paying the hearing fee, did not file witness statements. On each occasion I informed the court and the court made the relevant order to the claimant (which they ignored).

They subsequently discontinued the day before the hearing but 'forgot' to tell me.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Aug 17, 11:14 AM
    • 823 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No court had been allocated? Then write to the CCBC.
    • Von0974
    • By Von0974 26th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Von0974
    Had court date today for the hearing, any advise on preparing my statement please
    • Redx
    • By Redx 26th Sep 17, 6:02 PM
    • 16,483 Posts
    • 20,637 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, please read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

same answer for almost any question you have

also read a dozen recent court case threads too, so you get the gist of it all
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Von0974
    • By Von0974 26th Sep 17, 6:48 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Von0974
    Could you send a link to the thread please
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No link to the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum you are posting on!

If you are really struggling, see my signature which explains the 2 clicks needed.

• Redx
    • By Redx 26th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 16,483 Posts
    • 20,637 Thanks
    Redx
    no I wont link it , but its near the top of this parking forum and I am surprised you have not read through it already

please locate it and read it

ps:- the details are in the signature of coupon-mad, in each and every post she makes
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

5,364Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin