Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hena-j
    • By hena-j 13th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hena-j
    Letter from Gladstones regarding PCM ticket!
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    Letter from Gladstones regarding PCM ticket! 13th Jul 17 at 2:59 PM
    Hello all! Newbie here!! My husband received an on screen ticket when parked in a PCM car park on 02/02/17. He received a letter from PCM saying he had to pay £100. Don't seem to remember a 'notice to keeper' letter. Anyways, this letter was posted on the 07/04/2017.
    We ignored this letter and we were sent a letter from TRACE debt recovery. They demanded £160 but we were told that this was nothing but a threat so we ignored this letter as well :/
    Today, I received a letter from gladstones solicitors.

What should I do now? Should I give in and pay or should I write back??
    Would appreciate all feedback and advice. Thank you so much!!
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    Welcome! Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Read up now to see how and when to reply to Gladstones (post #2 is about 'letter before claim' LBC stage and then the court defence stage). NO-ONE PAYS, NOT EVEN FOR AN EASY LIFE.

If it's a G's letter asking for payment to a debt collector then it's a debt collector letter. They are are covered in post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and can be ignored if not a LBC.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hena-j
    • By hena-j 13th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hena-j
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    Sorry but how do I know it's asking for a payment to the debt collector.

It's just that I've ignored all letters before so I'm really not sure where I start appealing.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    What does the letter say about making payment?

Have you read any other Gladstones letter threads? Search this board for posts (NOT THREADS) using the keywords 'Gladstones letter debt'. You will learn MUCH more from other threads.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• hena-j
    • By hena-j 13th Jul 17, 3:22 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hena-j
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:22 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:22 PM
    It says to make a payment online at gslcollections . Com or by calling 0333 0230 049.
    Right! I'll have a look now! But I haven't found anything for people who have ignored all previous letters but will have a look now anyway. Thanks !
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    Most people who get a GS letter before claim have ignored everything! Tons and tons of cases.

How to reply to a LBC is in the NEWBIES thread post #2.

• hena-j
    • By hena-j 13th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hena-j
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    So this is a LBC??
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    Probably better to look at other Gladstones threads where people have described or linked their letters and had a discussion about it already. You will learn so much more from other threads.

• hena-j
    • By hena-j 13th Jul 17, 4:35 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hena-j
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:35 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:35 PM
    Sorry, I've had a look and haven't got my head around it. Do I or do I not reply back?

And if I was to reply what should I write?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 4:48 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That's why you need to read other Gladstones threads, and finding them and reading them doesn't just take half an hour! My goodness, please put some time (days) into reading other threads about Gladstones letters.

• hena-j
    • By hena-j 13th Jul 17, 6:22 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hena-j
    I am trying but with kids I'm finding that difficult. Thanks for the rudeness though!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 8:23 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I have 4 kids myself, now older teens/student age and only 7 years apart in age so I do get it, I am a busy Mum too. But I wrote the NEWBIES advice thread a few years ago, in my own time as well as holding down a full time job and juggling family life, and several of us are regulars who come here every day for no payment, to help people like you.

The point is, you really WILL learn more from other threads, and it's easy. The forum's search function will reveal all. And, because you will be defending a court claim, I would be doing you no favours at all if I spoon fed stuff now at this 'nothing' stage.

You are the one to be winning this and beating the scam (a great example for kids later on, to know you did this) and yes, it takes research if you get a small claim.

Luckily for you, we've done most work for you, all you need to do is read it. Don't shoot the messenger who actually wants you to win your case. We will always help a trier, and simply looking up Gladstones letters is nothing compared to the learning curve ahead.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-07-2017 at 10:29 PM.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jul 17, 10:18 PM
    • 15,478 Posts
    • 24,186 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I am trying but with kids I'm finding that difficult. Thanks for the rudeness though!
    Originally posted by hena-j
    Oh dear. You really shouldn't be so personal when responding to the most informed and knowledgeable person in the country on fighting private parking charges, who is giving you her free and expert advice, in her own time, and, with 99% certainty, would be able to help you to win this.

If you're not prepared to follow CM's absolutely free advice, I suggest you employ your own solicitor at £300+ per hour and see if he/she can get you off the charge.

I know who I'd have my money on!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    • 6,341 Posts
    • 8,147 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Originally posted by hena-j
    Nobody is being rude but as everything in life, you have to fight
    for your rights, this site is here to help you and coupon-mad is a leading expert and considering her service is free, you are being harsh
    You must read up on everything here, understand and then keep returning for help
    Last edited by beamerguy; 13-07-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,573Posts Today

9,445Users online

Martin's Twitter