Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 105Posts
    • 10Thanks
    theshoefairy
    Refund proving difficult
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    Refund proving difficult 13th Jul 17 at 2:34 PM
    I really hope that someone can help me with this.

I ordered 100 sheets of circular labels from AA labels on the internet.

After spending a great deal of time trying to print on these labels they do not line up and some of them are way off.

I emailed the company regarding this and they said that the template mirrors the labels exactly and they were insistent that it was a setting issue.

I tried again and again and nothing I did made any difference so I emailed them again and said that I would like a refund. I explained that I had printed on Herma round labels before and never had a problem.

They replied and asked me to measure the margins on the labels which I did. They were slightly larger than what they should be. I had ordered square labels in the past from the same company, so today I did a test using their square labels template and these turned out completely fine.

So I emailed them back and said that the margins were slightly larger, and explained that I tested their square labels which printed fine so this tells me that it is not a setting issue and that it is an issue with the labels.

He has now replied asking me to send back two pages of the labels, and also a sheet of printed labels. And also to send him the temple of how I have lined them up, one with the guides and one without.

I have had about enough of this. I work full time and also run a small graphics business online. These labels were not cheap, at £25 for 100 sheets. I do not have the time nor the energy to do what he has asked and I don't see why I should have to pay to post labels back.I have since ordered another 100 sheets of labels from the company I usually use 'Herma'. As a result of all of this, I am behind on many label orders for my customers.

I paid through paypal. Can anyone advise me on what I should do here?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 13th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    Since it seems this was a b2b sale you would need to check the contract of your sale, regular consumer rights wont apply here.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    you need to do as he asks, so that they can check as they may have been sent a dodgy batch from their supplier
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    Sorry for being dense, but what is a b2b sale?
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    Thanks.

I don't see why I should pay for the return postage of two sheets of labels. It is clear to me that it is an issue with the labels as I have printed circular labels before with no problem and their own square labels are printint fine.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 13th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 8,437 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    Business to business transaction.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 13th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,548 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    I don't see why I should pay for the return postage of two sheets of labels.
    Originally posted by theshoefairy
    If you had made this purchase as a consumer, rather than a business, then the cost of returning the goods which do not conform to contract would/should be covered by the seller.

As you appeared to have made this purchase as a business, you will need to read the terms of your contract with the seller to determine who covers that cost.
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 3:26 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:26 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:26 PM
    Sorry, I am not a registered business. I am a person who just sells items in their spare time. It is a very small concern.
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 3:27 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:27 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:27 PM
    I have emailed back and said that it is clearly an issue with the labels as I can print on other labels without issue and I have asked again for a refund.

If he refuses, I will escalate it through Paypal.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 13th Jul 17, 3:33 PM
    • 3,032 Posts
    • 3,082 Thanks
    DoaM
    Even in consumer purchases the seller has the right to confirm that the fault exists before providing a remedy. (I'm ignoring the 30 day right to cancel option as you'd not get a full refund as you've "used" some of the items, so any refund could be reduced).

The only difference is who pays for the return. If the seller agrees to reimburse your returns cost then just agree to what's being asked.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jul 17, 3:36 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Sorry, I am not a registered business. I am a person who just sells items in their spare time. It is a very small concern.
    are you sure

I work full time and also run a small graphics business online.
    You are running a business, so it is a b2b transaction.

why should they refund you when you wont let them check the issue with stock you have. Paypal will not refund you until your return the goods, so best to do what they want and that is spend the £1 to just return the labels the seller asked for so they can check and rectify the situation. as you say you have used them labels before without issue, so they need to check the labels they sent you
    • Hermione Granger
    • By Hermione Granger 13th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 1,114 Thanks
    Hermione Granger
    A very small concern but you are behind on many orders?

As a result of all of this, I am behind on many label orders for my customers.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 13th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,548 Thanks
    wealdroam
    I'm not even sure what a 'registered business' is.

But in the terms of The Consumer Rights Act:
    “Consumer” means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual's trade, business, craft or profession.
    But you don't have to prove that you are a consumer, it is for the seller to prove otherwise, if they wish to do so.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 13th Jul 17, 3:41 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 5,673 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    I have emailed back and said that it is clearly an issue with the labels as I can print on other labels without issue and I have asked again for a refund.

If he refuses, I will escalate it through Paypal.
    But he doesn't know that does he?

Sometimes you actually have to see what the customer is complaining about to know what the complaint is.

Why not compromise and send him a sheet of the labels a) printed on the round stickers and b) printed on the square stickers?

Or alternatively send him a photo of the stickers using a rule to demonstrate the off centredness ?
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 3:48 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    Hi,

Thanks all.

The stickers are used for party stickers, basically they are for children and are thank you for coming to my party stickers. I sell them for £1.65 per sheet, and currently I have 5 orders that I haven't been able to deliver. This hopefully gives an idea of how small of a concen I am.

In the past, when another label company delivered fauly labels, all I had to do was contact them and they allowed me to return them right away. I don't see how it is such a big issue. I actually have a degree in graphics and know what I am doing when it comes to printing, so I know that it is the labels that are the issue.

I have already sent him photos of how the stickers print and he was adamant it was a setting issue. But how can this be the case when the square labels from the same supplier are fine?
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 3:50 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    I have received a reply:

I hope you are well and many thanks for your patience on this.

I have spoken to my line manager and she says if you are able to return the labels to us then we will investigate them once they are back here and will then issue the refund.

Is it also possible to still send me your two print files - one with guidelines one without? It would be interesting to see what you are printing and to also do some test prints once the labels are back here.

Many thanks.

Kind Regards
    XXX

Am I able to ask for a return shipping lable?
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 13th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,548 Thanks
    wealdroam
    I have received a reply:

I have spoken to my line manager and she says if you are able to return the labels to us then we will investigate them once they are back here and will then issue the refund.

Is it also possible to still send me your two print files - one with guidelines one without? It would be interesting to see what you are printing and to also do some test prints once the labels are back here.

Many thanks.

Kind Regards
    XXX

Their reply looks perfectly reasonable to me.

Of course you can ask for a return shipping lable(sic) if you wish.
    You can ask them to send a courier if you like.
    But I think you are being a bit petty here.
    If you know the labels are at fault, then surely you can trust the seller to refund the postage cost as well.
    • ssparks2003
    • By ssparks2003 13th Jul 17, 4:09 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    ssparks2003
    You can ask, whether they say yes it up to them; oh the joys of running a business.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    I have received a reply:

Many thanks.

Kind Regards
    XXX

Yes ask if they can send a returns label or if they are that big they might even have a licence with Royal Mail to give you a freepost address
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 13th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    theshoefairy
    Thanks all for the advice.

I sent him the artwork he requested with and without the guides. He came back and said that he was even more baffled as the artwork was laid out perfectly, he then said rather than me send them, that he will arrange for them to be collected on Monday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

2,089Users online

Martin's Twitter