Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Anneli Thomson
    • By Anneli Thomson 13th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Anneli Thomson
    Worried, need advice
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    Worried, need advice 13th Jul 17 at 2:34 PM
    I have just received a fine (letter before action) from the legal team in Liverpool regarding outstanding debt for a parking fine issued in April, this was a parking eye monitored car park in which I parked without a parking permit. The newly managed car park is newly signed, I did not notice any signs. I suspect they have evidence to support that I parked without a permit, however I have not receive any fines to date and this letter through my door today is the first correspondence I have from them. They refer to 'the matter, which unfortunately still remains unresolved' I would have responded to the first fine if I had got one! does anyone know my rights in regards to appealing this? as they have NOT sent anything prior to today's letter, how can I confirm this has escalated in cost, as £140 seems an extremely high initial fine!! I have contacted them but have only a voice mail to leave my contact details for them to phone me, they have not as yet.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 39,583 Posts
    • 79,156 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    Please confirm the name of the parking company as parking eye are based in Chorley, not Liverpool. That doesn't mean you are wrong, but we have had posters who told us the wrong company name because they thought parking eye was a type of car park monitoring system, not a scam company.

It is not a fine.

You should edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people as far as anyone is concerned.
    If you have used your real name as your username, you should either contact one of the board guides and ask them to change it, or replace the title and whole of your post with something like, deleted, please ignore, then start again with an anonymous username, and text that doesn't reveal the driver's identity.

Do this now as parking scammers monitor these fora.

Never ever 'phone a parking company.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-07-2017 at 2:55 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 47,975 Posts
    • 61,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    legal team in Liverpool
    Who - the useless BW Legal? Is this even a ParkingEye Ltd PCN?

Or Civil Enforcement, maybe?

how can I confirm this has escalated in cost, as £140 seems an extremely high initial fine!
    It hasn't, it's a scam and is not a fine.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin