Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • debtsucks
    • By debtsucks 13th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 85Posts
    • 26Thanks
    debtsucks
    Is this declared
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    Is this declared 13th Jul 17 at 2:17 PM
    I've been looking on the internet and I see conflicting info

I'm recently widowed with children will hopefully return to work soon I know there are benefits out there to help

My husbands employer paid a death in service payment to me ( his wife ) . This is tax free

Is this something to be declared , as it's not in fact a saving . Obv want to do the right thing , a lot of it will be to pay part mortgage and also some house improvements .

Any advice x
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 13th Jul 17, 2:39 PM
    • 10,900 Posts
    • 12,783 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:39 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:39 PM
    Sorry for your loss.

This will get you started:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/claiming-bereavement-allowance-and-other-benefits
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin