Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marvel1983
    • By marvel1983 13th Jul 17, 1:53 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    marvel1983
    PCN from a college carpark
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:53 PM
    PCN from a college carpark 13th Jul 17 at 1:53 PM
    I received a PCN from the parking operator who manages my works car-park. There is a four digit code to enter and it is free to park there.

One morning it was lashing down with rain and i parked outside of the bays (where everyone normally parks) just to get a space as i had to be in teaching early and i was running late. I saw from my window that some hours later i had a PCN stuck to the window. I left it stuck on the window. By the time i came to leave work it had rained all day and the PCN which wasn't sealed was completely wet through and had fallen onto the bonnet.

I opened it in the car and it was soaked through and you could barely make out the writing. i decided to ignore it and almost a month later a letter arrived addressed to my wife as she is the registered keeper of the car. I have checked and they are a member of.. forgot the name sorry, so are allowed to request the registered keepers details.

Also there limited signage in the car park possibly only 1 sign going in and one at the bottom of the car park although it is small.

She was driving our other car at the time and is now as you can imagine a bit cheesed off that i got a ticket.

Currently i'm at about day 10 of receiving the letter and i'm torn between ignoring it and lodging an appeal based on the grounds that the ticket was saturated and the fact that they shouldn't be able to prove who was driving.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I have ignored one before from a previous college although i tried to appeal that one and i've not heard anything since (been over 5 months) i frantically keep checked my credit file to make sure that no debt or CCJ has been added but i'm pretty sure they are just not challenging it. Again a bit of advice on that one would be appreciated however, the main one is my new one.

Your sincerely,

serial ignorer of PCNs
    Last edited by marvel1983; 13-07-2017 at 2:28 PM. Reason: more info
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,419 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    Currently i'm at about day 10 of receiving the letter and i'm torn between ignoring it and lodging an appeal based on the grounds that the ticket was saturated and the fact that they shouldn't be able to prove who was driving.
    Neither! Don't do that!

Please read the NEWBIES thread. Your WIFE must challenge it as keeper (NOT YOU!!).

Check if the firm is IPC (no further appeal after the rejection letter, but don't say who was driving) or BPA - almost always easily winnable at POPLA, as long as the keeper is the appellant.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 32,402 Posts
    • 16,497 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Also edit your post to remove details of who was driving
    • marvel1983
    • By marvel1983 13th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marvel1983
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    After Registered Keeper
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    Even though my wife has received the registered keeper notice can she still appeal using the blue NEWBIES thread?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,419 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    Yes, it's a normal time to appeal as keeper.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,241Posts Today

7,049Users online

Martin's Twitter