Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DebtMan2017
    • By DebtMan2017 13th Jul 17, 1:42 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 23Thanks
    DebtMan2017
    Is this legal ?
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:42 PM
    Is this legal ? 13th Jul 17 at 1:42 PM
    Sorry,I don;t know where to ask this,but since its a bank issue I posted in here.

I am not staying at my address at the moment so my new bank card got sent to my branch.

When I went to pick it up the envelope was already open.

Is this allowed ? I'm assuming it is as the card probably belongs to them etc,but just felt it was a bit off that an envelope addressed to me was opened. Was probably staff,but could have been a dodgy postman for all i know !
Page 2
    • d123
    • By d123 13th Jul 17, 10:09 PM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 4,216 Thanks
    d123
    Because I made the post at 1.42pm today doesnt mean the envelope incident happened today.
    Originally posted by DebtMan2017
    Yet at 1:42 you had no idea about the fraud and the staff member was working behind the bank counter at some stage fairly recently.

So somehow after 1:42 you found out that the person was arrested for fraud, the CPS agreed to prosecute the bank worker, the case went to trial and the person was convicted...

When did you pick the card up? In 2015?

And how did all this information come to you between 1:42 and 9pm?

Maybe in a dream while you had an after dinner nap?
    ====
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 14th Jul 17, 9:58 AM
    • 452 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    camelot1971
    reported ....
    School holidays ...
    • Don80
    • By Don80 14th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Don80
    Cards are the property of the bank - they are just a "tool" they give you to access your account.

I once had to get a card delivered to a branch (years ago) and they had opened it too. The woman told me it was them as she handed me the envelope. She said they have to record safe delivery at the branch and check the card was for me before handing it over.

So I am guessing this is just standard practice. I wouldn't worry about this at all.
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 14th Jul 17, 12:58 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,137 Thanks
    seashore22
    Amazing how much more quickly time moves online as opposed to the real world.
    • DebtMan2017
    • By DebtMan2017 14th Jul 17, 3:50 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    DebtMan2017
    Cards are the property of the bank - they are just a "tool" they give you to access your account.

I once had to get a card delivered to a branch (years ago) and they had opened it too. The woman told me it was them as she handed me the envelope. She said they have to record safe delivery at the branch and check the card was for me before handing it over.

So I am guessing this is just standard practice. I wouldn't worry about this at all.
    Originally posted by Don80
    Thanks Don80. And well done on giving an answer related to the query.
    • DebtMan2017
    • By DebtMan2017 14th Jul 17, 4:06 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    DebtMan2017

Originally posted by Don80
    Thanks Don80. And well done on giving an answer related to the query.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 16th Jul 17, 9:20 AM
    • 7,474 Posts
    • 5,385 Thanks
    pmduk
    Amazing how much more quickly time moves online as opposed to the real world.
    Originally posted by seashore22
    Specially once the schools have broken up
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 16th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 29,975 Posts
    • 18,980 Thanks
    DCFC79
    reported ....
    Reported for what now ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 16th Jul 17, 10:29 AM
    • 3,913 Posts
    • 4,236 Thanks
    robatwork

Turns out the staff member has since been charged with a fraud not related to my case and expected to get 7-10 years.
    This is an incredibly long sentence for fraud - in fact you would be talking about £millions for this kind of length.

So this wouldn't be someone who dabbles in petty card crime - so links to the news story or it didn't happen.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,535Posts Today

7,380Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin