Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moreofthegoodstuff
    • By moreofthegoodstuff 13th Jul 17, 1:07 PM
    • 570Posts
    • 10,041Thanks
    moreofthegoodstuff
    0 WOW
    Not convinced an item will be delivered
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:07 PM
    0 WOW
    Not convinced an item will be delivered 13th Jul 17 at 1:07 PM
    I ordered an item from Pramcentre for £90 - it was due to be delivered by today in line with their 10 day delivery timescale - it also says once dispatched you get an email which never came. I rang today and it took two calls of over an hour to get through - eventually I spoke to someone who said it would be sent today and will definitely arrive for tomorrow, the item is now out of stock.

Looking on Facebook it sounds like the company are very poor and will give the run around and you can wait weeks for items- so I'm looking for advice should it not arrive tomorrow as I need the item asap for a baby that's due soon. Can they refuse to refund if not sent tomorrow? Also how likely is a chargeback to go through on a credit card/how long? I may be early on all of this but I have a bad feeling.

I'm feeling cross that I ordered from them, I did have a quick look to check reviews which seemed good but if I had looked a bit closer I wouldn't have ordered from them!
Page 1
    • moneysaver
    • By moneysaver 13th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 670 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    moneysaver
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    Hi,
    If it is The Pramcentre in Glasgow you may have problems. I ordered A £700 pram from them Sept last year for a birth in Jan 2017 on my daughters recommendation. Wish I had not bothered, we were told 6 weeks delivery.

I made lots of phone calls, heard lots of excuses and gave them loads of chances. I eventually asked for full refund. The refund did not arrive & I had to go through my bank fill in forms & wait for about a month for refund from bank.

I ordered the Pram direct from the manufacturer before I even got my refund back ( time was tight) which arrived in 3 days at about the same cost.

I will never use the Pramcentre Glasgow again. The amount of stress & worry was not worth it. Customer service is appalling and I don't know how they are still in business.

Good luck with your order but it sounds as if you are getting the runaround.

Moneysaver
    • moreofthegoodstuff
    • By moreofthegoodstuff 13th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 10,041 Thanks
    moreofthegoodstuff
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    Thank you - I'm so disappointed with myself that I ordered from them, at quick glance it says they are rated 4.4 with 2279 reviews so I thought they would be fine, I wish I had actually looked a bit closer! Luckily this is a baby swing and not a pram but still quite essential for when the baby arrives!!
    • moneysaver
    • By moneysaver 14th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    • 670 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    moneysaver
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    Hi,
    Maybe you won't be as unlucky as me. I am very careful where I buy my items usually. My daughter insisted I go there only because we are fairly local to it, and any problems with the pram would be sorted locally or so she thought.

The customer service is appalling at The Pramcentre Glasgow no matter where you live. So stay well clear & go to a more reputable company for baby essentials.

I usually shop in John Lewis but they did not have the pram she wanted.

Moneysaver
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

668Posts Today

5,211Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin