Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nobby20
    • By nobby20 13th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nobby20
    Faulty Satellite box retailer fobbing me off to manufacturer
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    Faulty Satellite box retailer fobbing me off to manufacturer 13th Jul 17 at 12:46 PM
    Hi guys

My Satellite box gave up the ghost on Saturday and is no longer usable at all. It powers on and there is a white light on the front but doesn't work apart from that.

It was purchased from an online retailer in March 2014 for £409

After a little research I have found that a few people have had this problem before and it was been put down to a capacitor issue on the motherboard.

I emailed the retailer i purchased it from (online) explaining my problem stating the sale of goods act 1979 saying that i want the box to be repaired whilst waiting for a reply from them I also emailed the manufacturer to see if it could be repaired and at was cost they emailed me back saying it was a motherboard issue and i might as well buy a new box as the cost of replacing the motherboard is about the same.

Today I received a letter response from the retailer saying they only honour the 2 year warranty and suggest that i contact the manufacturer direct. They are rejecting the claim that they should be held responsible

I know it is the retailers responsibility but what should i do now?
    Last edited by nobby20; 13-07-2017 at 1:08 PM. Reason: wrong buying date
Page 2
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 14th Jul 17, 9:42 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    the fact now is we live in a disposable world, rather than fix something its just throw away and replace,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,030Posts Today

6,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• Follow Martin