Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GGee
    • By GGee 13th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GGee
    UKPS PCN ignored - TNC letter now received. How do I proceed?
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    UKPS PCN ignored - TNC letter now received. How do I proceed? 13th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    I have read the Newbie's posts but am still confused and would appreciate some help please! In April a parking charge notice was left on my car whilst it was parked in a clearly marked visitors space at a hospital. The receptionist in the hospital said the space was going to become a staff only space (I have used the visitors spaces at the hospital since 2013). Stupidly, I ignored the notice but have now received a letter from TNC parking services (headed up "Outstanding Parking Charge Notice") on behalf of their client UKPS (who issued the the parking charge notice originally) demanding payment of the £60 fine plus £60 admin chargeor they will immediately refer the matter to their litigation department.
    UKPS are IPC accredited, and TNC are BPA members.
    The letter from TNC is the only correspondence I've had from either company by post - I've never had a Notice to Keeper letter from UKPS - so I'm unsure as to what my next step should be. Should I:

1. I ignore TNC's letter because they're debt collectors and can't take any further action against me at the moment?

2. Write directly to UKPS with photos showing that the car was parked in a space clearly marked "Visitors Space" and stating that I want to appeal the parking charge notice on the grounds that I was not parked in a space requiring a permit (the ticket has been issued on the grounds that "No valid permit clearly on display"

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jul 17, 1:40 PM
    • 40,477 Posts
    • 80,859 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:40 PM
    There are three parking companies with the initials UKPS. One is a BPA member and the other two are IPC members.
    What is the name of the parking company please?

If it is a BPA member, then complain to them and the DVLA that the keeper ever received a NTK. If it is an IPC member, do the same. Do not reveal the driver's identity.

Debt collectors can be ignored.

You could try a late appeal but expect it to be rejected.

Complain to PALS, show them your evidence, and demand a cancellation.

Complain to your MP.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-07-2017 at 1:45 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 51,537 Posts
    • 65,144 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    As it is the first letter, it is the Notice to keeper, so appeal it, same as ever.

Please tell us which 'UKPS' and if they are IPC or BPA?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• GGee
    • By GGee 13th Jul 17, 7:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GGee
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:56 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:56 PM
    The company is UKPS (North West) Ltd, and it's IPC.

I should also point out that, although TNC's letter is the first letter I've received, it says "Despite our letter of, your PCN has still not been paid...". That is an exact quote from the letter - the date of their supposed letter is blank!
    Last edited by GGee; 13-07-2017 at 8:00 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 51,537 Posts
    • 65,144 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    I would point that out by adding a line to the standard challenge for IPC firms, which won't get it cancelled anyway and is done merely to show them you are no pushover and to appear reasonable in not ignoring the letter.

Explained in the NEWBIES thread (no second step, no IAS).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-07-2017 at 9:33 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    • 40,477 Posts
    • 80,859 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    OK, so do as advised in post 2. Complaint to IPC and UKPS (NW) Ltd (which will get you nowhere but may be useful if it ever went to court,) PALS, and your MP.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

2,225Users online

Martin's Twitter