Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • danielwhitt
    • By danielwhitt 13th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    danielwhitt
    Reclaim PPI from black horse after I lost my car
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    Reclaim PPI from black horse after I lost my car 13th Jul 17 at 10:52 AM
    Hello,
    Sorry if their seems long winded,
    I bought a car on finance when I first passed my test, I basically got sold PPI with the car didn't really give it a second thought.
    I ran into issues at work where the company wouldn't pay me my wages at the correct time, i would go weeks without money and I got into a mess with my payments. I subsequently lost my car and got a ccj for the car finance and a default for the PPI loan. Before I lost the car I tried to claim on the PPI and they said I wasn't eligible claim as it didn't really fit any category, as I was still employed but the employer was messing me around with my wages. I paid the car finance off, which was the difference between what was owed and what the car sold at auction for, and I also had to pay the full PPI loan off as well. Looking back it was a crap time but now given everything going on with PPI, I wondered if I could claim it back as the PPI was next to useless for me and because I couldn't claim on it I lost my car, paid thousands out for something I never actually had any use of, and also had to pay the full amount of PPI back as well. This was back in 2000 approx and don't know how I would even go about looking into this. The car finance was with black horse but I can't find the agreement number ?? Any ideas on how I would go about looking into this.
    Many thanks.
    Ps I was a young lad at the time and I made slot of mistakes and did things the right way and go myself out the mess. But my only bug bare with all this was I couldn't keep my car because the PPI was useless for me. Which inturn ended up costing me thousands. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by danielwhitt; 13-07-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    • 12,479 Posts
    • 12,647 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    The PPI wasn't useless. You just tried to claim for something that it didn't cover.

You would need a far better mis sale reason.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 13th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 14,909 Posts
    • 21,119 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    ... The car finance was with black horse but I can't find the agreement number ?? Any ideas on how I would go about looking into this.....
    Originally posted by danielwhitt
    Black Horse mainly does dealer finance. So it is likely that it would have been a car dealer that sold you PPI. You should address any mis-selling complaint to the dealer.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 18,863 Posts
    • 9,017 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    Dealer won't have been regulated, of course...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

1,525Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin