Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cardiffkjk
    • By cardiffkjk 13th Jul 17, 10:14 AM
    • 59Posts
    • 8Thanks
    cardiffkjk
    Parking charge at hospital- help needed urgently
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:14 AM
    Parking charge at hospital- help needed urgently 13th Jul 17 at 10:14 AM
    Hi, My son took my Dad to a local hospital on a Sunday to have his dressing changed by one of the nurses as the District Nurses appointments were full- he was literally in the car park for 12 minutes. My son has now received a Parking Eye parking notice. It states that he needs to pay £70 fine but this is reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days(14/07/2017)
    We have just returned from holiday so need to do something about it today. Any advice is welcome
Page 1
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    • 3,708 Posts
    • 5,256 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    Get in touch with PALs at the hospital.
    Which hospital was this?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • cardiffkjk
    • By cardiffkjk 13th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cardiffkjk
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    Hi , can I ask what is PALS? I've spoken to someone at the Main Concerns team and she has emailed Parking Eye and asked them to contact me but as yet I've not received any reply. The hospital the fine is concerned with is St Davids Hospital in Cardiff
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 2,291 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    Hi , can I ask what is PALS? I've spoken to someone at the Main Concerns team and she has emailed Parking Eye and asked them to contact me but as yet I've not received any reply. The hospital the fine is concerned with is St Davids Hospital in Cardiff
    Originally posted by cardiffkjk
    PALS, The Patient Advice and Liaison Service, usually an office in reception.

http://cwmtaf.wales/concerns/

If Parking Eye contact you only accept a cancellation do not enter into any discussion with them, you can drop yourself in it!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • cardiffkjk
    • By cardiffkjk 13th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cardiffkjk
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    Thank you- will ring them now
    • cardiffkjk
    • By cardiffkjk 13th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    cardiffkjk
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    Hi- Main concerns team who I've already contacted is also known as PALS ! The lady I previously spoke to isn't in today so I've been advised to put my appeal in anyway
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 13th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 1,745 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    don't admit to being the driver if you have any communication with PE Just keep your powder dry.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 49,037 Posts
    • 62,490 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    need to do something about it today
    You don't seem to realise the 14 days is not relevant to you. DO NOT pay £40, it is not a case of you paying or jumping to the artificial tune of the 'discount period' which is merely a scam to make people panic, rush and think they should 'pay' to secure the 'lower fine'.

Nononono. This does NOT have to be sorted out today, not even by next week.

You have ages to sort this out, 28 days to 'appeal' to PE if PALS don't cancel it this month. Ages.

PALS should cancel it, if not we win appeals anyway and that can be done in a fortnight's time.

NOT TODAY.

DO NOT rush your appeal, do NOT say who was driving. You've read the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THIS FIRST' sticky thread at the top, yes, and found out how to appeal as keeper? No rush though.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-07-2017 at 2:53 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

2,250Users online

Martin's Twitter