Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jackdawson10
    • By jackdawson10 12th Jul 17, 11:53 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jackdawson10
    Highview Parking "charge notice" airport retail park coventry
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:53 PM
    Highview Parking "charge notice" airport retail park coventry 12th Jul 17 at 11:53 PM
    hello there,

I'm new to this forum and would like to know the procedure in appealing the charge notice received today issued by Highview Parking based at Coventry Airport Retail park.

Date of Incident: 01/07/2017
    Date of Notice: 10/07/2017
    Duration of stay quoted: 4 hours 39 minutes. (Im yet to identify what is the allowed free parking time which i assume it is 3 hours after searching on google)

Please let me know the next step I need to take and by what date?

I understand that Highview Parking is a member of the BPA and they have asked for £85.00 within 28 days or £50.00 if paid in 14 days. (before 24/07/2017).

Just to give a summary, I did go to 5 shops in there along with my wife and our 6 months old baby making a total purchase value of nearly 200 pounds and I wasn't worried too much to read the time limit as I believed I was a genuine customer.

Should i first approach each of those 5 shops (Dunelm, Smyths, B&M, Poundworld & Aldi) to see if they can cancel the ticket and if so any useful tip regarding what to say and what not to say, as I'm wondering if more shops are involved, I may not find a single company to take ownership.

many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jackdawson10; 13-07-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 49,919 Posts
    • 63,340 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    I'm new to this forum and would like to know the procedure in appealing the charge notice received today issued by Highview Parking
    Say no more - see if you can beat the 2 hour cancellation challenge:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72331390#post72331390

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jackdawson10
    • By jackdawson10 13th Jul 17, 11:52 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jackdawson10
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:52 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:52 AM
    Thanks for directing me to the thread with vital information.

Please can you let me know if the following content is enough to send them online?

"I am appealing as the keeper and ONLY Schedule 4 of the POFA (or evidence of who was driving) can cause a keeper appellant to be deemed to be the liable party. The PCN makes no attempt to pass liability to the keeper after 28 days. A vehicle can be driven by any person (with the consent of the owner) as long as the driver is insured.

There is no dispute that the driver was entitled to drive the car and I can confirm that they were, but I am exercising my right not to name that person. As the keeper of the vehicle, it is my right to choose not to name the driver, yet still not be lawfully held liable if an operator is not using or complying with Schedule 4.

This exact finding was made in 6061796103 against ParkingEye in September 2016, where POPLA Assessor Carly Law found: ''I note the operator advises that it is not attempting to transfer the liability for the charge using the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and so in mind, the operator continues to hold the driver responsible. As such, I must first consider whether I am confident that I know who the driver is, based on the evidence received. After considering the evidence, I am unable to confirm that the appellant is in fact the driver. As such, I must allow the appeal on the basis that the operator has failed to demonstrate that the appellant is the driver and therefore liable for the charge. As I am allowing the appeal on this basis, I do not need to consider the other grounds of appeal raised by the appellant. Accordingly, I must allow this appeal.''
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    • 49,919 Posts
    • 63,340 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    Yes, submit that now and see if they cancel today or tomorrow!

It really is that easy with Highview!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,013Posts Today

8,000Users online

Martin's Twitter