Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • danjourno
    • By danjourno 12th Jul 17, 10:44 PM
    • 79Posts
    • 39Thanks
    danjourno
    Automatic Air Fresheners with Timer
    • 12th Jul 17, 10:44 PM
    Automatic Air Fresheners with Timer 12th Jul 17 at 10:44 PM
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend an Airwick or plugin style airfreshener that has a built-in timer so that it only operates during the day?
    I think it's a waste for it to be going at night when no one's around.

Thanks
    Dan
Page 1
    • bob_a_builder
    • By bob_a_builder 12th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 1,493 Posts
    • 707 Thanks
    bob_a_builder
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    I think it's a waste for it to be going at night when no one's around.
    The manufacturers know it is too, but it doesn't half boost profits.
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 13th Jul 17, 5:14 AM
    • 6,083 Posts
    • 5,231 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    • 13th Jul 17, 5:14 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 5:14 AM
    Hi,

well you could use one of these, and set it to various times to suit yourself.

Make sure you get one that allows the freshener unit to plug right in.

Or you could save money and just switch it off at bedtime and on again in morning.

Edit: Search for 'plug in timer'.
    Last edited by frugalmacdugal; 13-07-2017 at 5:18 AM.
    Y'all take care now.
    • usefulmale
    • By usefulmale 13th Jul 17, 7:24 AM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 4,250 Thanks
    usefulmale
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:24 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 7:24 AM
    I am amazed that people are willing to pay for a product that vaporises a collection of toxic chemicals for you to breathe, simply to create an odour that your nasal system will ignore anyway after two minutes.
    Originally Posted by MSE Forum Team
    We’ve had to remove your signature because what you wrote was true and sensible and there's no room for that here.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 13th Jul 17, 8:51 AM
    • 23,114 Posts
    • 88,445 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:51 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 8:51 AM
    I am amazed that people are willing to pay for a product that vaporises a collection of toxic chemicals for you to breathe, simply to create an odour that your nasal system will ignore anyway after two minutes.
    Originally posted by usefulmale
    Perhaps you have never visited the home of someone severely incontinent, or indeed the home of many in that situation. I did once and noted that the puffer things seemed to be motion-activated (pardon the pun.)

Other homes with less well-off residents just smelled of pee.

I'm not sure what's worse: natural pee or chemicals.

Maybe the OP wan't thinking of pee. Perhaps they have a labrador or a ferret, although a ferret smells a bit like honey.

I'm rambling, what was the question??? Oh yes, I have a vase of nice fresh flowers just outside my office here. Lovely!
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • danjourno
    • By danjourno 13th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    danjourno
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    Maybe the OP wan't thinking of pee. Perhaps they have a labrador or a ferret, although a ferret smells a bit like honey.
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    A new puppy!
    • lauraland
    • By lauraland 13th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 1,641 Posts
    • 18,900 Thanks
    lauraland
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    How about just getting into the routine of switching it off at night and on in the morning? I think keeping it on at night helps 'build up' the scent, keeping the bad smells at bay. But thats just me putting on my amateur scientists cap! I like coming down in the morning and smelling something pleasant, rather than the presents my cats have left for me in their litter tray.
    I got ham but i'm not a hamster.....
    • danjourno
    • By danjourno 13th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    danjourno
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    Ok. So Airwick Max (the canister one), or a plugin?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,332Posts Today

6,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin