Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Beautifulthings
    • By Beautifulthings 12th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Council tax
    • #1
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    Council tax 12th Jul 17 at 6:50 PM
    If you're council tax gets moved to Scott+co then if you pay the full year off then decided to move house, could you get a refund of the remaining year you haven't stayed for in the previous house ?
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 12th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 10,779 Posts
    • 7,021 Thanks
    • #2
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • #2
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    your liability for the year would be recalculated and any overpayment refunded (or you may be able to get the credit moved to your new property if the same council)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,337Posts Today

7,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

  • Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion!

  • Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties)

  • Follow Martin