Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geriann
    • By geriann 12th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    • 150Posts
    • 254Thanks
    geriann
    wh has Facebook disabled my account! Help?
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    wh has Facebook disabled my account! Help? 12th Jul 17 at 6:27 PM
    This morning i i tried to log into my Facebook (as usual) but found out can't log in.
    It just comes up with a box saying my Facebook has been disabled!
    I've had Facebook since about 2009 & this has never happened before.
    I'm sure I haven't posted anything that would go against Faxebooks t&c's.
    The only thing I can think of is my page is called Germany Jones...which is not my nan, but my FFacebook has always been called that.
    I have mu real name Julie Phillips on my Facebook page as my nickname.
    Do you think it's cause of the using a nickname rather than my real name?
Page 1
    • greatgimpo
    • By greatgimpo 12th Jul 17, 6:29 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 1,052 Thanks
    greatgimpo
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:29 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:29 PM
    Think of it as a blessing and do without.
    • Gleeful
    • By Gleeful 12th Jul 17, 6:33 PM
    • 1,898 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    Gleeful
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:33 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:33 PM
    This morning i i tried to log into my Facebook (as usual) but found out can't log in.
    It just comes up with a box saying my Facebook has been disabled!
    I've had Facebook since about 2009 & this has never happened before.
    I'm sure I haven't posted anything that would go against Faxebooks t&c's.
    The only thing I can think of is my page is called Germany Jones...which is not my nan, but my FFacebook has always been called that.
    I have mu real name Julie Phillips on my Facebook page as my nickname.
    Do you think it's cause of the using a nickname rather than my real name?
    Originally posted by geriann
    Yes, you have violated their ts and C's
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 12th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 930 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    Facebook regularly go round and purge accounts that aren't using "real" names.

Here's some details:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576?helpref=related

The problem you may now have is getting the account back as it's possible you may have to send a copy of some ID to Facebook showing the name, in your case, Germany Jones, to get it back.
    • geriann
    • By geriann 13th Jul 17, 12:06 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    geriann
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:06 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:06 AM
    Yes, you have violated their ts and C's
    Originally posted by Gleeful
    I thought because I do have my real name on my page I was ok. I thought that's why I'd never had a problem before.
    I wish Facebook had sent me a warning to say why I'm violating their terms & given me a chance to rectify it.

Facebook regularly go round and purge accounts that aren't using "real" names.

Here's some details:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576?helpref=related

The problem you may now have is getting the account back as it's possible you may have to send a copy of some ID to Facebook showing the name, in your case, Germany Jones, to get it back.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones.
    Damn predictive text said Germany instead of Geriann! I use Geriann Jones or just Geriann on all my internet things.

I tried sending a photo of me with the Geriann name on it as ID, but as I guessed Facebook didn't accept it. (By the way Ithe photo was from years ago when I did some modelling under the name Geriann.)

I can't think of any ID Facebook would accept that has Geriann on it...For obvious reasons. :/
    how am I meant to change my Facebook name to my real name if I can't sign in?
    Why didn'tFB warn me & give me a chance to rectify the issue?!? >

Does anyone know how to contact an actual human being at Facebook? Rather than their automated forms.
    • chrisw
    • By chrisw 13th Jul 17, 6:55 AM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 884 Thanks
    chrisw
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:55 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:55 AM
    Interesting. A relative of mine joined the police specials and was advised to change her Facebook name away from her real name for security reasons.
    • geriann
    • By geriann 13th Jul 17, 11:44 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    geriann
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:44 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:44 AM
    Somebody needs to tell Facebook that putting your FB page as a different name doesn't mean you're a criminal & it can actually protct your identity.
    I've been using the name Geriann since i got the Iinternet in 20their name frequently!ther social media website & forums don't care what name you put. Back in the Myspace days people often didn't use their real name & some changed thier name frequently!
    When I started on the Internet I chose to go by Geriann because of my mental illnesses. I wanted totalk about my pproblems freely without worrying that family/etc would see everything.
    later I had the added reason of an abusive husband, now ex-husband. Everything I've ever uploaded or written has been the truth...I don't pretend to be anything..It's the real me just a different name so certain people can't find me.
    I'm furious that Facebook have disabled m account with no warning!

CHRIS
    you should warn you're relative (& the police) about this.
    • stator
    • By stator 13th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 5,888 Posts
    • 3,870 Thanks
    stator
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    Facebook don't care what you want. Facebook care what advertisers want. You are just the content being sold to advertisers.
    If you don't like their policies, don't use facebook.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jul 17, 1:50 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:50 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:50 PM
    The fact is when you join facebook you agree to their terms and policies, if you dont like them or agree to them they you dont join. you are not forced to join facebook
    • Hermione Granger
    • By Hermione Granger 13th Jul 17, 4:23 PM
    • 776 Posts
    • 1,200 Thanks
    Hermione Granger
    Somebody needs to tell Facebook that putting your FB page as a different name doesn't mean you're a criminal & it can actually protct your identity.
    Protect your identity yet you gave your facebook user name, your real name and the nickname you use on the internet as well as giving out a fair amount of other information such as you having modelled and the name you did this under and the fact that you have had an abusive and troubled marriage.

If you are happy to give that much information out on here, maybe not using Facebook isn't a bad idea.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 13th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 31,861 Posts
    • 37,579 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sharing of too many competitions on Facebook also results in a ban
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 13th Jul 17, 7:45 PM
    • 2,004 Posts
    • 1,888 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I didn't know this. I have had a fake page for years just to occasionally check on friends' news. I never post anything. What I find strange is that I have 300 friends even though I don't exist.
    Je suis sabot...
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 13th Jul 17, 7:54 PM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    k3lvc
    What I find strange is that I have 300 friends even though I don't exist.
    Originally posted by Hoof Hearted
    And they've all lost their clothes or want to sell you JuicePlus
    • geriann
    • By geriann 13th Jul 17, 10:19 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    geriann
    Facebook disabled my account!
    Protect your identity yet you gave your facebook user name, your real name and the nickname you use on the internet as well as giving out a fair amount of other information such as you having modelled and the name you did this under and the fact that you have had an abusive and troubled marriage.

If you are happy to give that much information out on here, maybe not using Facebook isn't a bad idea.
    Originally posted by Hermione Granger
    my real name in the info section of my page & as my nickname is set to private, so only my FB friends can see it.
    i've had no contact with my ex-husband for quite some years, so i felt safe enough to say this on MSE. although some of the things i mentioned aren't a secret anyway.
    my experience of MSE has been a positive one, with understanding & friendly people on it...until now. :/

Sharing of too many competitions on Facebook also results in a ban
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    i do post the odd competition, but not many.
    i'm surprised Facebook doesn't want people to share competitions because all the companies on FB do competitions.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    as my nickname is set to private, so only my FB friends can see it.
    Facebook will see your nickname.

but nothing surprises me with Facebook as they have this policy for selling groups

https://www.facebook.com/policies/commerce

but report anyone who breaches this and all you get is this canned reply

Thank you for letting us know about this. We've looked over the post, and although it doesn't go against any of our specific Community Standards, you did the right thing by letting us know about it. We understand that it may still be offensive or distasteful to you, so we want to help you see less of things such as this in the future.
    From the list above, you can block *********** directly, or you may be able to unfriend or unfollow them.
    so they dont even understand and/or enforce their own policies
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 14th Jul 17, 12:48 PM
    • 9,580 Posts
    • 10,744 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    my experience of MSE has been a positive one, with understanding & friendly people on it...until now. :/
    I may be missing them but I can't see any post from anyone that I would class as being unfriendly on this thread.

I've also got a Facebook account which is set up with a fake name (and it's so blatantly fake that anyone with any sense would see it for what it is), yet it's still active after about 6 years.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 14th Jul 17, 10:23 PM
    • 4,638 Posts
    • 28,013 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    I guess Gertrude Mayflower Bash is banned as well!
    I soled my last sock
    For a whiff of your cheap perfume filled with hope of tears gone by
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 14th Jul 17, 10:44 PM
    • 8,267 Posts
    • 6,226 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    I am surprised that facebook doesn't have it's own forum for this. OK I lied, why does anyone need faceache,twitface etc, doesn't everyone have email/phone/postboxes?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Jul 17, 2:56 AM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 10,375 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Been banned many times. I NEVER use my real name. Always made up names.

One even had numbers and stuff in it. Email said they thought my name was fake and to contact with the proof passport/driving licence/bills etc.

Too much effort why not just create a new one with even more numbers in it? Oddly thats been live for a long time.

I dont really use it though. Its just sometimes you need to login to view something posted on a forum.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,640Posts Today

6,711Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin