Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomalong
    • By tomalong 12th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    tomalong
    Looking for some advice please
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    Looking for some advice please 12th Jul 17 at 6:27 PM
    I purchased some goods from a large UK based retailer over the internet. The goods were delivered by a 'partner'. The goods arrived on time and in perfect condition but where not as described so I decided to return them.

According to the retailer I should liaise direct with the supplier so I contacted the supplier about a return but received no response. According to the retailers website I would not need an RMA number all that I needed to do was return the goods stating they where "returned goods" so I sent them back via RMSD.

According to Royal Mail they tried to delivery the goods (on Monday 3rd July) but no one was available so they left a card. I have contacted the company again via email and advised them off this but so far have received no response and according to Royal Mail the company has yet to collect the returned goods.

For info,

1) The goods were over 100.00 GBP.
    2) I paid with a credit card.
    3) The payment was processed by the retailer not the supplier.

So assuming I continue to get no response from ether the retailer or supplier what is my next step? Can I ask the credit card company to make a chargeback or should I claim back under section 75?

Thanks for any advice.
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 12th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 2,993 Posts
    • 5,219 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    What retailer did you use? Is it somewhere like John Lewis and they had something sent to you direct from supplier or someone like Amazon or Tesco who sell their own stock but also have "market place"/partner sellers in which case it is the other person you actually bought from and the retailer just provided the advertising space and payment processing?

Who your rights are with and any claim against will depend on the answer to the above.
    • tomalong
    • By tomalong 12th Jul 17, 7:03 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tomalong
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:03 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:03 PM
    What retailer did you use? Is it somewhere like John Lewis and they had something sent to you direct from supplier or someone like Amazon or Tesco who sell their own stock but also have "market place"/partner sellers in which case it is the other person you actually bought from and the retailer just provided the advertising space and payment processing?

Who your rights are with and any claim against will depend on the answer to the above.
    Originally posted by Fosterdog
    Retailer was Harvey Nichols with goods direct from supplier rather than a market place. Payment was made to Harvey Nichols rather than the supplier so I would assume the contract is actually with Harvey Nichols but not 100% sure.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 12th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    • 2,993 Posts
    • 5,219 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    Ok and what brand did you buy?
    • tomalong
    • By tomalong 13th Jul 17, 6:09 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tomalong
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:09 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 6:09 PM
    Looks to all be resolved for now. Supplier finally picked up the item today and Harvey Nichols have sent an email stating they will refund. Still out of pocket on return costs and still no reply to my emails from ether Harvey Nichols of the supplier but fingers crossed its now over.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin