Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 12th Jul 17, 6:26 PM
    • 139Posts
    • 227Thanks
    LuckyG
    Cash statement from solicitor
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:26 PM
    Cash statement from solicitor 12th Jul 17 at 6:26 PM
    My solicitor informed me that she's sent out a cash statement today, this is with regards to a house purchase.

What exactly is a cash statement? I've not exchanged yet, just waiting on one last query.

By the time I'd read the email it was too late to get a response from my solicitor.
Page 1
    • DaftyDuck
    • By DaftyDuck 12th Jul 17, 6:37 PM
    • 3,754 Posts
    • 7,574 Thanks
    DaftyDuck
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:37 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:37 PM
    It's the itemised account. What the house cost, what stamp duty is, what her charges are, what searches etc. cost.

Sit down to read it, and have a large brandy to hand...
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 12th Jul 17, 7:18 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    LuckyG
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:18 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:18 PM
    It's the itemised account. What the house cost, what stamp duty is, what her charges are, what searches etc. cost.

Sit down to read it, and have a large brandy to hand...
    Originally posted by DaftyDuck
    Thank you for clarifying

I'm sure I'll need that large brandy, my bank account is going to wiped out
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

270Posts Today

1,429Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin